Forums » Pearl's Cafe

CORPER SHUN!!! Episode 4

• 199 posts
    January 13, 2015 12:14 AM CET

...continued from last episode

“By the way, my name is Shaye, Folashaye Origbade” he stretched his right hand to shake my hand.
    “Pleased to meet you Shaye, I'm Derin, Aderinmola Adeyosola” I received his handshake.
    His palm, was strong, firm and smooth. It felt so masculine against my soft, feminine and tender palm. I immediately removed my hand so as not to drift again. I looked around the library, a little nervously to see if no one saw us. I saw that no one was looking, then I sighed quietly.

“Are you a Jambite?” I asked to ease the nervous feeling that was building.
    “Nopes, I'm in 200 level.” He answered.
    “Really? How come we've not met till now? I'm also in 200 level” I said surprised but jumping happily inside me.”
    “Wow! That's great, I guess we haven't met because I'm in the Faculty of Science and Technology, I'm a Mechanical Engineering Student.”

I was surprised and happy at the same time, so I probed further to find out why he was in the Arts and Humanities section of the library and specifically Broadcast/Journalism to pick a communications book. He said he was in that section of the library that day because he came to get a book for his younger sister who was also a Mass Communications student but in 100level. He said a friend recommended that he picked up the book for his sister who had a little difficulty with one of her assignments. At this time, I had started to relax and get more comfortable speaking with him.

While we talked in the library, I noticed Shaye's gentle manly nature. I thought he was of mixed race but to my surprise, he had never boarded a plane to travel within the country not to mention travelling abroad or be born there. Both his parents are full Nigerians but his paternal grand dad was born in United States. I liked him immediately I saw him. I told myself, he could only have existed in my fantasy world. We chatted for a long time and forgot we were in the library. He was funny and he had a way of passing compliments passively.
    “Excuse me please, could you lower your voices, this is the 'Silent Zone', otherwise, you may want

to go to the ground floor.” The Librarian said quietly. She was a young dark complexioned woman probably in her thirties. She was single, quite strict and could be mean at times but when it came to the academic progress of any student, she could go the extra mile. From other student reports, she disliked relationships, so once she saw a male and female together she tried to separate them. Her real name was Miss Shamptey but she was nicknamed 'Miss No Pairing' by students.

“Oh, we are sorry, we got carried away” Shaye replied the attendant.
    I looked around and saw some angry faces, some students stared at us with a mischievous smile, some just shook their heads and continued to read, while others ignored us and remained buried in their books. I felt embarrassed but I had to cover up. I did not know we created so much attention. At that point Anna found me.
    “Babe, I've been waiting for you, where's the book?” She whispered. Anna most times called me babe or any other pet name. She called me Derin occasionally.
    “Here” I gave it to her. “Sorry, I got caught up in a conversation, Miss No Pairing just corrected us. Meet Shaye, I just met him” I whispered back quickly.
    Anna and Shaye exchanged pleasantries quickly and in a whisper. This time, the Librarian cleared her throat and gave me a warning look. I waved her an apology and whispered to Annabel indicating we needed to leave.

As I turned to leave, Shaye held my wrist and whispered “I'll like to see you again.” The butterflies in my stomach flew around rapidly, I just had to act really composed outside.
    “I'll be on the ground floor with Anna till 6pm.” I whispered back. It was 3pm then.
    “Ok, see you 6pm.” He whispered again with a smile.

Anna and I immediately rushed out, though quietly downstairs to start our assignments. I felt a few eyes following us but did not bother to look around to avoid further embarrassment.

...to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at January 13, 2015 12:20 AM CET
    • 2 posts
    January 13, 2015 4:05 PM CET
    Love wantintin!!!
    • 4 posts
    February 19, 2015 12:05 PM CET

Hello KHC Family?

Dear Adebola A. Ayoade

I have read the first episode of your story

and since then I have not be able to go back on 

it. Please can  have the first to the third episode? 

Thanks! 

• 199 posts
    February 21, 2015 1:13 AM CET

Dear Blessing Dolce,

Kindly check the first KHC platform 

http://kissesandhuggs.org/pearl-s-cafe

Regards,