Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

Take Responsibility for Your Thoughts!

• 58 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:00 AM CEST

But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.[Romans 13:14]

Every day your mind entertains words, pictures and imaginations. However, no one can determine what stays in your mind but you. You are the only one who has control over your thoughts. People can make suggestions as to what goes on in your mind but you determine which thoughts are allowed to stay and to be dwelled upon.

Now, let us take a close look at the scripture quoted above:

But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof. Romans 13:14

The Amplified Bible puts it this way:

..... . put a stop to thinking about the evil cravings of your physical nature to gratify its desires.(The Amplified Bible)

This verse reveals to us that we can actually assist Satan in setting up opportunities for ourselves to sin by constantly thinking wrong thoughts. Or we can also cooperate with God in setting up opportunities for ourselves to enjoy the blessing. How? By thinking in line with God's Word.

The word "provision," as it is used in the verse above means:

1) forethought

2) preparation

3) a measure taken in advance

The word "forethought" means:

1) advance deliberation or consideration

2) anticipation of a possible future event

With these definitions taken into consideration, it could be said that we attract positive or negative situations into our lives simply by loaning our minds to either positive or negative thinking. Thinking in line with God's Word gives God license to bring about good things in our lives while Our negative thoughts give the adversary a license to bring about negative things in our lives.

When you entertain wrong thoughts, then it's just a matter of time before you begin acting them out. So let me encourage you- don't entertain negative thoughts. Cast them down immediately and replace them with the Word of God!
    Don't allow negative thoughts to stay in your mind. Fill your heart and mind with God's Word today. Think on things that are honest, just, pure, lovely, and of a good report. Think on those things.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:8-9 NLT)

It's a resoundingly blessed day for you in Jesus name.

WePrevail by the WORD!

• 1 posts
    August 24, 2015 2:32 PM CEST
    amen
  • August 26, 2015 12:28 PM CEST

Hallelujah!! Glory to God.

Bless you sir.