Forums » Couples

My wife doesn't want me to have female friends

• September 29, 2015 7:27 AM CEST

I have a lot of female friends and I try to be open with my wife. But now, she said she will only be happy if I disconnect from them, which I find ridiculous. Please, what do you think? Should I make my wife happy by disconnecting from them while I lose my friendships?

• September 29, 2015 3:16 PM CEST
    Having alot of female friends while married its an error sir,looking @ it from my own point of view. Will u also accept it,if d reverse were 2b d case? Those friends of urs will not be there wit u till d end but ur wife will cuz she'll be d only friend u'll have wen u grow old. Having those friends and bn open 2ur wife is one tin but hw u relate wit dos friends is anoda tin. Somtyms we feel insecure wit a lot of female friends around our husband's. Permit me 2say did sir but as a married man u're not permitted 2hav a lot of female friends as u use to cuz dat's part of d sacrifices we talk abt in marriage,letting go some of those time we like just 2please our partner and to also make our marriage work. I'm talking out of experience,I don't make friends wit ladies but I have 2give dem up cuz my husband wasno longer comfortable wit it. I pray God help u 2do it right sir.
    • 48 posts
    February 27, 2016 8:57 AM CET
    One question for you sir, if the reverse was true, would you be comfortable with it?
    My advise for you is to always do your best to please your wife because in marriage two people are supposed to please one another and not the third parties. Its always good to mind the connections you have with the opposite sex especially when you are married bse it will help you to eliminate alot of problems like being emotionally involved with them.
    I encourage you to make your wife happy and cut off those friends, u can still love them but from a distance.
  • March 29, 2016 4:57 PM CEST
    U said u find it ridiculous in what ur wife said.let me ask u a question will u find it ridiculous if ur wife as lot of male friends. If u answer it's no .then u are putting ur home in fire if both of u have male and female frds. My advice it's listen to what ur wife said