Forums » Singles' Discussion

I have been waiting for him for seven years

• October 23, 2015 8:03 AM CEST

I have been waiting for him for seven years but he keeps postponing the wedding for one reason or the other. I love him but I am beginning to doubt if he will ever marry me. Please, what should I do?

• October 23, 2015 2:05 PM CEST

Errm firstly, why have you been waiting? what have you been waiting for? was there a discussion and an agreement on what you should wait for? did u make known what you wanted at the earlier stages of the relationship? or were u just going with the tides of this man? A common saying goes thus; when the purpose of something is not known, abuse is inevitable. that's what i perceive here, he is not been decisive cuz there is no purpose, no aim as to where the relationship is going.

secondly, what are the things you have made yourself do for this guy in the course of this relationship? 7 years is a whole lot, so am guessing you have had to compromise and do stuffz you really shouldnt have done, all in a bid to keep this same guy who obviously doesnt even wanna keep you. are you already carrying out wifely duties for this guy? u need to stop like right now, if you are. stop doing all those things you do to please him, to make him consider marriage. you dnt have to go the extra-miles to get a guy convinced and decisive about marriage.

a whole lot is going thru my head, as to what you have been doing in a relationship for seven years..even courtship cant be this long..so wt were u doing dating a guy with no commitment visions? two years abi one sef is even too much these days.

you need to put urself together, get ready to face whats gonna come after you do what i suggest.

1. you need to repent of ur shortcomings, ask God for forgiveness

2. you need your space, u need time to yoursef, stay away from him fr a while.. think of wt u realy want fr yourself

3. then u can later talk extensively with this guy, ask him what he really wants. let him know that you are fit to condone the truth, let him be relaxed to talk. give him a time-frame of when you need a definite response from him, if he cant tell u right there.

let him know that if he doesnt give you a feedback within the stipulated time, that would imply the end of the relationship.

sorry dear, it sounds easy, bt in reality, it isnt. Brace yourself for the worst, while you pray fr the best. I pray that God'll settle you maritally, and compensate you as well. you deserve better!!

• 5 posts
    October 29, 2015 1:10 PM CET
    When a man really loves a woman and wants to marry her, he will keep doing things to speed up the wedding not drag it. There may be challenges but one should never start a serious relationship if you are not thinking of marrying within two years. Did you force him into the relationship? Has he ever dropped a hint that he might not be interested in marrying now? Are there warning signals about him that you have been ignoring? You need to stand back, take a break from the relationship, seek counsel from a more matured couple or Pastor and decide what is best to do. Both of you need to be willing to tell yourselves the truth no matter how bitter. Stop wasting time, there are other God-fearing and heaven-bound christian men out there who are pleading with God for a God-fearing woman. Don't make them wait too long. God bless you.
    • 5 posts
    October 29, 2015 1:10 PM CET
    When a man really loves a woman and wants to marry her, he will keep doing things to speed up the wedding not drag it. There may be challenges but one should never start a serious relationship if you are not thinking of marrying within two years. Did you force him into the relationship? Has he ever dropped a hint that he might not be interested in marrying now? Are there warning signals about him that you have been ignoring? You need to stand back, take a break from the relationship, seek counsel from a more matured couple or Pastor and decide what is best to do. Both of you need to be willing to tell yourselves the truth no matter how bitter. Stop wasting time, there are other God-fearing and heaven-bound christian men out there who are pleading with God for a God-fearing woman. Don't make them wait too long. God bless you.