Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

Praise In The Storm!

• 58 posts
    October 24, 2015 7:46 AM CEST

[1 Peter 4:12-13 MSG]
    Friends, when life gets really difficult, don’t jump to the conclusion that God isn’t on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner.

Peter talked about bringing glory and honor to God in the midst of some uncomfortable situations. He termed them manifold temptations in 1 Peter 1:6. Peter is implying that even in the midst of heaviness and manifold temptations, we are to bring glory and honor to God.

The only way you can do that when you are being tempted or tested is to approach it with a proper mental attitude. And unless you have a proper mental attitude, when the pressure comes, you will be consumed by it.

Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego (see Daniel 3) were tested with heaviness in a fiery furnace. They went into that furnace with a proper mental attitude in spite of how things looked. They confessed and agreed together: "We will not bow our knee; and if we do go through this furnace, our God is able to deliver us."

They were prepared for whatever might come. Many Christians misunderstand and say, "God did that to them because He was not too sure if they would really stand; He was trying their faith."

No. That's not true. God does not have to put you in a furnace or cause a flood to come your way to find out what you will do in a certain situation or how you will react. He knows every thought and intent of your heart.

Satan is the on who does those things. he Satan) is the one who is not too sure about you.

You may ask, "Does Satan know what is in my mind?" He only knows what you allow him to put in your mind. He does not know the thought and intent of your heart.

The New Testament says, "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God." (James 1:13). If you are going to be victorious then you must learn to follow the instructions in the Word.

If the pressure comes and you say, "I guess God did this to teach me something," then there is no way that you will come through that trial victoriously.

You have played right into the devil's hand by thinking that God is part of your problem. This is the wrong kind of attitude.

You must know that Satan is the tempter and that God is the Deliverer.

So whatever you are facing today, begin to praise God, offer the sacrifice of joy. God will come through for you! He will provide your way of escape.

He is YOUR deliverer!

It's a week loaded with amazing testimonies for you in Jesus name.

There is Glory Just around the corner!

Go and Win!

WePrevail by his Word!

This post was edited by Rev Tunde Afe at October 28, 2015 4:07 AM CET
    • 48 posts
    October 24, 2015 9:11 AM CEST
    Amen
  • October 24, 2015 11:50 PM CEST
    amen, Thanks Sir.
  • October 24, 2015 11:54 PM CEST
    amen, Thanks Sir.
    • 5 posts