Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 28 - Camp Fire Night

• 199 posts
    January 5, 2016 10:04 PM CET

PLATOON II

CAMP FIRE NIGHT

LAST EPISODE

Sheila laughed long and hysterically when she saw me. The place was thick with the smell of alcohol, cigarette smoke and another foul smell which I could not tell what it was.

Derin, we meet again.” She said.

Are you scared?” She asked as she puffed the smoke from her cigarette. She gave another long, hysterical laugh.

Sheila was upset with her boys and threatened to get angry which would lead to her punishing one person as an example to all. Having heard this, they apologised immediately.

For full story of episode 27, please click “Back to topics” at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You

PLATOON II

CAMP FIRE NIGHT

EPISODE 28

Sheila then stood up and came close to me, she pulled me up and patted me on my back.

I like you Derin.” She said. “I had liked you since you entered the bus at Ikeja. You are obviously young, fresh and beautiful.” She continued as she assessed me from head to toe, all this while, I had stood up with my head bowed. Sheila ran her fingers through my hair to my shoulders to my body.

Is Sheila a lesbian?” I thought to myself.

Well, it's good Lewa knows and likes you. It gives you more credibility with me because Lewa is my right hand girl.” She continued.

I'll help you, but I must warn you” She stood in front of me and pushed my chin to raise my head up “don't mess up, you lose, you snooze.” She said.

I hear you are the only child so if you don't want your parents to lose you, be sharp.” She said as she blew the cigarette smoke to my face.

My heart skipped at those words. The foul smell from the smoke was nauseating, I turned my face in disgust and coughed again.

But you behave?” She laughed “you'll enjoy me” She said and kissed my forehead.

Take her away” she ordered.

Hey, stop” she ordered again. “Look around” She said “see all these faces, they are my people,” I looked round and saw almost all Platoon II members with some other people from other platoons, even Patrick of Platoon 5. I did not know when he entered. I thought I left him outside. I even saw Damien, the son of the immediate past commissioner for finance in Port Harcourt that invited Irene the previous day.

If I hear you say anything outside, I'll know. You can go.” She said as she dismissed us.

I was shocked, scared and puzzled at the same time. The guard took me outside and showed me the path that would lead me back to the party scene. The path was narrow and dark, I was afraid, I walked as fast as I could until I saw a flicker of light then I ran till I entered the party. Corps members talked and laughed loudly. I was too scared to enjoy the party so I just left for the hostel.

It was long, cold and lonely walk back to the hostel. I was puzzled and troubled. “You lose, you snooze. If you don't want your parents to lose you, be sharp.” Those words rang in my head.

I did not bargain for this” I sighed deeply as I thought aloud. I could almost feel the hot tears that flowed down my eyes burn my skin. I did not care if my make up smeared. I was afraid. Just then, I realised I was in front of the hostel. I entered the room and found Irene sleeping peacefully. I wished I had stayed back. Her conservative nature paid off. I knew I was in trouble but the kind of trouble, that, I did not know. I pulled off my shoes and went straight to bed.

As I laid on my back with my face to the seeing, I reflected on the last few hours “who is Lewa? Who is Sheila?” I asked my self the rhetorical questions only time would answer.

...to be continued.

Copyright © 2016 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at January 15, 2016 12:11 AM CET