Forums » Fasting and Prayers for 2016

Guidelines for Fasting and Prayers for KHC Camp-Meeting 2016

• November 1, 2016 5:30 AM CET

Guidelines for 7 Days Fasting and Prayer towards KHC Camp Meeting 2016

1. Try and break fast daily by 6.00pm unless for health reasons.

2. You may take water anytime of the day or fruits from 2.00pm

3. Fasting without prayers is hunger strike or dieting. Hence, on Daily Prayer Page, you have to keep on checking daily for prayer points. Prayers points for the day will be available in the morning, while you can optionally drop yours as well  using comment form.

4. You may use comment form to drop any question or if you have a word for the house in a general sense. You may also use comment form to drop prayer points if you don't mind so other members of the club can pray for you as they read through.

5. The comment form can also be used to drop testimonies as the fasting progresses. Things will start happening even before the fasting and prayers programme is completed.

Why do we need to fast?

1. To seek the face of God

2. To humble our souls

3. To break yokes

4. To help us hear God clearer

5. To prepare us for the greatness ahead

Take a look at this scripture:
    Isa 58:5-9 KJV
    (5) Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
    Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
    (7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
    Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
    (9) Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

Verse 7 specifically talks about giving during fasting. You also find Jesus mention a few principles I would like you to see in Matthew 6.

In Matthew 6:4,19 - When you give...
    In Matthew 6:7 - When you pray…
    In Matthew 6:14 - When you forgive
    In Matthew 6:16 - When you fast...
    In Matthew 6:31 - Stay out of worry and stay in faith!
    In Matthew 6: 33 - Seek first God’s Kingdom

This week of Fasting is also our week of Sacrificial giving towards the camp meeting. As you join in th fast, sow a sacrifical seed and believe God that this camp meeting will birth a new season in your life whether you are attending physically or joining online.

Why do we need to fast?

1. To seek the face of God

2. To humble our souls

3. To break yokes

4. To help us hear God clearer

5. To prepare us for the greatness ahead

I want you to know that your best days are not behind you; they are ahead of you! The devil thought he had you, but he missed it, for only the counsel of God will stand over your life. This next year will usher you into a new phase of your life, where the things you have been trusting God for, the things that seems far away, will suddenly be available for you!

- See more at: http://kissesandhuggs.org/devotionals/the-unleashing-of-his-grace-and-preparing-for-2015#sthash.S2xC5x7V.dpuf

If you will like to give specifically during this fasting period, you can use Partner’s Page HERE to give!

Whatever project, plans, dream, vision or aspiration you have for the coming year now is the time to birth it.

If you have never fasted before, now is the time to do so! If you need more understanding on fasting, then you can download an Audio message of mine on Fasting that I taught some years back HERE

Together on KHC, I see a glorious year ahead, and that is what it will be for us in Jesus name!

A good morning and a blessed day to you!

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at November 1, 2016 5:36 AM CET
    • 627 posts
    November 1, 2016 5:59 AM CET

Together on KHC, I see a glorious year ahead, and that is what it will be for us in Jesus name!

AMEN!

• November 1, 2016 10:39 AM CET

Amen...

• 1 posts
    May 31, 2022 1:16 PM CEST
    I have been in communication with many people and have found there are few services people are reluctant to try. In fact, the only service that people really don't like is resume writing services. I prefer you to check https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/09/stressed-about-resume-what-to-know-before-hiring-a-professional-writing-service.html and info the interested person. Maybe it's because most people think they can do it themselves or don't have time to do it, but if you're looking for a job or trying to move your career forward, you should consider using resume writing services.