Forums » Singles' Discussion

Do you speak in tongues?

• November 3, 2016 5:33 AM CET
    That was the question I received from a lady I've been longing to propose to. We've actually been close friends for a long time and we've never talked about our spiritual gifts because the doctrine in Baptist Church which happens to be our background never mentioned these gifts as gifts to be manifested in the present day church. So recently she got back from Australia after her medical college and I decided to propose to her and to my surprise instead of getting a yes what I got was the question above. I don't really know where to start from even though I've been upright all my life yet I couldn't give her an answer because I wasn't exposed to this spiritual experience. Please what should I do?
    • 194 posts
    November 3, 2016 9:04 AM CET

Hmm, interesting. Obviously she has experienced a new spiritual orientation while away, which is actually good anyway. 

However, she should have mentioned it and let you know of her new experience while she was still away. You would have been better prepared.

She has asked a very important question. She is not questioning your uprightness, she is just letting you know that she has come to understand and experience the power of praying in togues.

Sincerely, have you done your thororugh personal study like a berean christian on the doctrine of speaking in tongues?? Or are you just sticking with the doctrines you grew up with?

I know baptists who now speak in tongues!!! You need to settle this issue ASAP as it affects your spiritual compatibility.

I pray the Holyspirit will reveal all things to you and guide you into all truth.