Forums » Fasting and Prayers for 2017

Guidelines for 21 Days Fasting and Prayers 2017

• December 1, 2016 6:07 AM CET

Guidelines for 21 Days Fasting and Prayer 2017

1. Try and break fast daily by 6.00pm unless for health reasons.

2. You may take water anytime of the day or fruits from 2.00pm

3. Fasting without prayers is hunger strike or dieting. Hence, you have to keep on checking daily for prayer points. Prayers points for the day will be available in the morning, while you can optionally drop yours as well  using comment form. 

What Fasting Will Not Do
    Fasting is not

1.Not just going hungry or giving up things
    2. Not to flaunt our spirituality
    3. Not to influence or push God into action
    4. Not to try and get Him to do something
    5. Not to impress God
    6. Not to change God
    7. Not to get God to speak to us
    8. Not to give us spiritual superiority over others
    9. Not to change God’s willingness to intervene
    10. Not self-punishment or self-debasement
    11. Not to help you seek strange visions

What then does fasting do?

What Fasting Does
    1. It changes us.
    2. It turns down the voice of the world.
    3. It shuts off the influence of the flesh
    4. It clears out the clutter from your spirit.
    5. It focuses our attention on Him.
    6. It causes us to become more spiritually aware, sensitive, and sharp.
    7. It aligns us with God, getting us in sync with Him and in His flow.
    8. It positions us to receive from Him – guidance, direction, revelation, answers, healing, and provision – whatever is needed.
    9. It provides a conducive atmosphere for the Glory of God – manifestations, demonstrations, exhibitions, signs, wonders, and miracles.
    10. It helps us to be more sensitive to others by magnifying the fruit of the spirit – gives you a heart for people improving your love walk.
    11. It helps you enter the rest.
    12. Builds up the human spirit by putting as little demand on the flesh as possible.

Take a look at this scripture:

Isa 58:5-9 KJV
    (5) Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
    Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
    (7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
    Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
    (9) Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

Verse 7 specifically talks about giving during fasting.

You also find Jesus mention a few principles I would like you to see in Matthew 6.

In Matthew 6:4,19 - When you give...
    In Matthew 6:7 - When you pray…
    In Matthew 6:14 - When you forgive
    In Matthew 6:16 - When you fast...
    In Matthew 6:31 - Stay out of worry and stay in faith!
    In Matthew 6: 33 - Seek first God’s Kingdom

Stay away from sins, offences, unforgiving attitudes and compromise!

This 21 Days of Fasting begins with 7 Days of Annual Thanksgiving on KHC! We need to appreciate God for 2016 to set 2017 in motion! Don't be careless! To give a Special Thanksgiving Seed, Go HERE

Why do we need to fast?

1. To seek the face of God

2. To humble our souls

3. To break yokes

4. To help us hear God clearer

5. To prepare us for the greatness ahead

I want you to know that your best days are not behind you; they are ahead of you! The devil thought he had you, but he missed it, for only the counsel of God will stand over your life. This next year will usher you into a new phase of your life, where the things you have been trusting God for, the things that seems far away, will suddenly be available for you!

- See more at: http://kissesandhuggs.org/devotionals/the-unleashing-of-his-grace-and-preparing-for-2015#sthash.S2xC5x7V.dpuf

If you have never fasted before, now is the time to do so! If you need more understanding on fasting, then you can download an Audio message of mine on Fasting that I taught some years back HERE

Together on KHC, I see a glorious 2017 ahead, and that is what it will be for us in Jesus name! I await your testimonies! God will not disappoint you!

A good morning and a blessed day to you!

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at December 1, 2016 6:09 AM CET
  • December 21, 2016 5:13 PM CET

All things are working for my good... It's intentional!
    It's not over till it's good.
    Thank God for the answered Prayers!

Hallelujah!