Forums » Fasting and Prayers for 2017

Day 4 of 21 Days - Fasting & Prayers 2017

• December 4, 2016 5:50 AM CET

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."  (1Ti 2:1-2, KJV)

Before we move into specific prayers for us as individuals, for our marriages, homes, and relationships, we will take today to pray for our dear country today as instructed in the scripture.

From whichever country you are, you can apply this prayers to your country and sincerely intercede for your country,

1. Thank God for your country
    Psa 22:28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations

2. Pray and ask God to help you to pray and intercede for your dear country

3. Give thanks for all government officials starting from the presidency

4. Pray for your president, officials, governors, mayors, counsellors as the case may be. Lift them before God and commit them into God’s hands.

5. Pray that God will heal your nation
    2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

6. Pray that God will give us rest in Nigeria/your nation.
    Jeremiah 50:34 - Their Redeemer [is] strong; the LORD of hosts [is] his name: he shall thoroughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.

7. Now is the time to pray for peace in your country
    Jeremiah 29:7 - And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

8. Let’s come against the spirits behind violence in our country. Pray against the activities of terrorists and secessionists.
    Isaiah 60:18 - Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

9. Ask for God’s mercy and favour upon your country
    Psalms 85:1-7 - LORD, thou hast been favourable unto thy land: thou hast brought back the captivity of Jacob.

Go ahead and pray in the Spirit

Thank God for answered prayers!

• 1 posts
    December 4, 2016 6:34 AM CET
    May the name of the Lord be praised. Thanks pastor for sending in today's prayer points on time. It would really be nice if the prayer points come in on time, say 5:30am so we can say the prayers before going out for the day. I hope it's not a bother to you, thanks for your understanding.
  • December 4, 2016 7:04 AM CET
    Thank you Lord for Nigeria! For I will eat the good of this land.
  • December 5, 2016 7:04 AM CET

@Charity Mgbike - Will try and see what I can do.