Forums » KHC Inspiration

Discovering/Finding Your Purpose

• 4 posts
    February 21, 2017 2:26 PM CET
    The first step in finding or discovering your purpose in life is asking questions. I will list some of the questions I feel might truly be of help.

1. What are you dissatisfied or unhappy about: Have you always felt like you were in the wrong occupation? Does it look like something is missing in your career? Has work become dreary and dull? Are you no longer motivated to give your best at work? Sometimes lack of peace or joy might be an indicator that we're on the wrong path, othertimes it could be spiritual warfare. Prayer is needed to discern which it is. You need to pray, meditate on God's word, seek wise counsel and then start thinking towards a change (if you need one).

2. What do others say about you: Here I'm not talking about the negativity people are prone to throw our way. Let me explain with this illustration. I started writing when I was younger. My imagination was out of this world. I would write stories during the day so I would have a bedtime story for my brother at night (he never forgot to ask for one). I thought nothing of it. Then when I got to high school, I found if I wanted to express myself perfectly, I had better write a letter. My English teacher then was a big help. He kept telling me I could be a writer, but back then, I really wanted to be a doctor. So I stayed on in science class jeje.

Then I evolved from just writing to express myself to writing about matters of the heart, relationship fix-ups and so on. It got so that people started coming to me for advice when they reached a sticky spot in their relationships. After each advice, they would say words like, "you could do this for a living you know" "do you want to be the next Oprah ni" "you're good at this". I eventually started listening to what they were saying and I slowly started rearranging my life choices, I moved from sciences to arts...I started taking online courses in psychology...I joined groups online that brought creative writers together...I found real life mentors that already tread the path I want to...I haven't reached the zenith of my ladder but I'm happy and I can tell I'm on the right path for me. I hope that explains what I mean. You've got to listen to what people say about you...they can tell you what you're truly good at.

3. What are you passionate about: Let me put it this way...what makes you angry, happy, sad, excited...what brings out a bunch of reactions from you? I once told a spiritual mentor of mine that I feel my ministry is to the female gender. Young and old. I'm angry when they've been molested, abused or taken advantage of. No matter how good a friend a guy is to me, he knows the moment he disrespects his woman or baby mama in anyway, our friendship is on rocky grounds. I can't bear to see a woman crying. I can't bear to see her ache for her man or her child. I'm aware of what I'm passionate about. I've created a niche that mostly speaks to women and I've even been working on other projects that boost this passion of mine.

I once read in a book by Joel Osteen, "what if you're the answer to most of the questions that pop up in your head?" (Paraphrased by me) So, the next time you think, "why doesn't somebody do something about....?" Why don't you think of anything little or big you can do about it too. If we wait for someone else to do everything, nothing will get fixed!

4. What are your gifts: Billy Graham wrote in one if his books that God gave everyone a gift or gifts. Everyone has one. I know that to be a fact. I doubt there's anyone living that doesn't have a gift. The only problem might be they are yet to discover what their gift is/are.

What is that one thing you do better than others? Your gifts are hints to what your purpose in life is.

In conclusion, I sincerely believe that since God created each and everyone of us for a purpose, He is more than able to reveal what that purpose is to us...if only we ask. Two Shilohs ago, at the Youth Alive Forum, Pastor David Oyedepo Jnr. said over and over again that no one is a biological accident. It doesn't matter if you were a result of an unplanned pregnancy out of wedlock or an orphan...you were created for a purpose. You are a child of destiny.

We are all vessels. Ultimately fulfilling our purpose is fulfilling God's purpose. God doesn't only want to bless us, He wants us to be a blessing. Therefore, that should let us know that our purpose is finding out what God wants to do through us.

Pray that God shows you what moves you, your talents and your gifts. Make a list and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I'm certain you'll find your purpose and that you'll fulfill destiny!!!