Forums » Singles' Discussion

I have a compelling fear that I will not have a good marriage

• January 17, 2015 6:56 AM CET

I have a compelling fear that I will not have a good marriage. I have tried praying yet the feeling will not go. I have been in three relationships already and in all the three, the ladies were unfaithful and cheating on me. Is something wring with me?

• 16 posts
    January 17, 2015 9:52 AM CET
    The scripture says fear is a torment. First of all address the fear. Use scriptures to speak to yourself. Even King David himself had to “encourage himself in the Lord”. Scriptures such as Prov.18:22, “he who finds a wife..." Lastly I believe you should examine yourself. Einstein says “to do the same thing and expect a different result is insanity”. Examine the way your relationships go, examine yourself. The Lord will show you the way to Go
    • 9 posts
    January 17, 2015 10:20 AM CET
    Meditate on 2Timothy1:7..pray against the spirit of fear.Examine yourself spiritualy,physically,emotionally&mentally.
  • January 17, 2015 2:17 PM CET

A Yoruba saying goes thus that:"Enu enu la fin ko meje" that is; it is with ones mouth that you reject what you don't want to eat. Try and fight the negative thoughts that has entrap your heart and pray to God fervently to change the tide for the better... You that God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of wisdom and sound mind so please think straight and pray more. Shalom!!!!

• January 17, 2015 3:11 PM CET
    You have to deal with the spirit of fear. That is NOT the spirit that God has given you. The devil is intimidating you but you can command him to stop in Jesus name. You need to start quoting 2 Timothy 1:7 to yourself and to the devil. What will then happen if you stay with this confession is that your faith will get stronger and your fears will grow weaker. Quote this scripture verse and take time to worship and praise God. Fear will not stay.
    • 1 posts
    January 18, 2015 7:02 PM CET

In as much as many have spoken on fear also ask questions about marriages in your family. It is not normal to always have but unfaithful women in all your relationships. The marrietal foundation of your family might got issues that must be stopped. The enemy should not transfer it to you. Refuse to get married by mistake. Delilah is not your portion.

• 4 posts
    January 20, 2015 11:58 PM CET
    Speak in tongues more often and I repeat speak in tongues more... Never get tired of it and the evil thought will find its level.
    • 3 posts
    January 21, 2015 8:15 AM CET
    Pray tirelessly and speak the right words and think the right thoughts...
    • 212 posts
    February 4, 2015 5:23 PM CET
    My dear,thats the demon of fear at work. Get lots of scripture that talks about fear and family and meditate on it. Knowledge is your deliverance. Personally,i use the scripture that says 'As a man thinks in his heart,so is he' for almost all situation. I imagine myself in a good marriage.growing old with my hubby and seeing my grandchildren and it registers in my mind and then when wrong thoughts come,it cant stay because i have already filled my heart with what is right.
    • 212 posts
    February 4, 2015 5:23 PM CET
    My dear,thats the demon of fear at work. Get lots of scripture that talks about fear and family and meditate on it. Knowledge is your deliverance. Personally,i use the scripture that says 'As a man thinks in his heart,so is he' for almost all situation. I imagine myself in a good marriage.growing old with my hubby and seeing my grandchildren and it registers in my mind and then when wrong thoughts come,it cant stay because i have already filled my heart with what is right.