Forums » Insights For Living With Poju Oyemade

Poju Oyemade - The Grace of Christ

• May 5, 2017 7:11 AM CEST
    What about the woman with the issue of blood and the grace of Christ.
    John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

In the case of the woman with the issue of blood, the first step towards her change came when this happened,
    Mark 5:27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.

The first step was she heard the truth. She heard of Jesus and she realized the solution to her 12 years problem could be found in Him. She decided to go in faith (she kept saying if I will just touch the hem of His garment I shall be made whole). She then made the contact in faith and what was released was grace that healed her completely.

Grace will do in moments what self-effort and human intelligence have struggled for years to accomplish.
    Truth and Grace in operation in her situation.

Mark 5:30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
    Grace is that virtue that enters into a person and transforms everything. What left Jesus into her was grace. This is the idea we are communicating concerning grace that it is the enabler, the power that transforms and not one that makes the lower standard acceptable.

This is the true grace the Body is yearning for.
    Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.