Forums » Insights For Living With Poju Oyemade

Poju Oyemade - Impatience

• May 18, 2017 8:50 AM CEST
    The history of man's walk with God has always been characterized by him trying to perfect that which God started. Moves of the Spirit have been aborted this way. God genuinely places something in our hearts and then either out of ignorance or hastiness in spirit we try to make the vision happen or He starts something and we try to push it beyond that which God planned.

Impatience is the great error. Paul said in Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
    In the case of Moses, it entered into his heart that the children of Israel should be delivered, this happened 390 years after they had been in bondage. It was 10 years to the "fullness of times" concerning the prophecy and in hastiness he almost ruined it. Hear what Stephen had to say about this, the changes that occurred in Moses's mind as to who really gets the job done.

Acts 7: 23,25,35
23 And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel.
    25 For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them: but they understood not.
    35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

Notice the changes:
In verse 23 it entered into his heart, in 25, he supposed his brethren will understand how God by his hand will deliver. Moses thought God will do it by his i.e Moses's hand. In verse 35 he realized that God sent him by the hand of the angel which appeared unto him in the burning bush.
    Moses moved from my hand to the hand of the angel who appeared to me in answer to the prayers of the Israelites. Moses should first have committed his vision to God in prayer rather than trying to make it happen.

When God shows you something you need to understand that God also will fulfill it. Abraham tried to fulfill God's word through the arm of the flesh that didn't end well. Let's learn to wait upon the Lord concerning His word, He hastens to perform it.

David avoided using the arm of the flesh by killing Saul to become that which he was anointed to be by God. Abigail warned him about this type of behavior when it came to the case of her husband Nabal telling him the consequence of shedding the blood of others to achieve your goals. In 1 Samuel 25, she said
    "That this shall be no grief unto thee, nor offence of heart unto my lord, either that thou hast shed blood causeless, or that my lord hath avenged himself: but when the Lord shall have dealt well with my lord, then remember thine handmaid"

I remember visiting with an elderly minister in this country when I started out in ministry, he warned me about three things and one of them was "make sure you don't shed the blood of others to achieve your objectives, you will have no joy even when you see things being fulfilled"
    Understand what Paul meant when he said in Philippians 1:6 'Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"

Abraham came to fully understand that in Romans 4:21 "And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform."
    What God promises He also has committed Himself to bring it to pass. What we need to understand is the way of the Spirit, how to cooperate with Him through the law of agreement in prayer as He works within our space.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

There is what is termed the way of the Spirit, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, the Spirit does things in our lives today using the same method that He employs in causing a baby in the mother's womb to grow. No human force of will can increase the speed at which bones are formed in the womb of she that is with child.

Jesus said it this way in Matthew 6:28 "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:"

Don't ever try to use force i.e human pressure nor employ hidden things of dishonesty to fulfill that which God has promised you He will do it, simply wait on Him and He will bring it to pass.