Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 5

• 21 posts
    July 2, 2017 3:02 PM CEST
    Today we'd be taking chapter 5

Proverbs 5:3-5 KJV
    For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: [4] But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. [5] Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

What does this imply???

Our relationships are intentional and must be evaluated before giving our all.

Proverbs 5:6-9 KJV
    Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them . [7] Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth. [8] Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house: [9] Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:

I wonder why the Bible is using the feminine gender in this passage

Does it mean Uncle Solomon doesn't want us to eat the apple again?

A careful selection of our friend list is better than a regrettable careless friend squad

Proverbs 5:15 KJV
    Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.

This implies to me contentment. *It's the best way to get out of debt and errors*

Proverbs 5:16-19 KJV
    Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets. [17] Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee. [18] Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. [19] Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

I just keep smiling reading this passage. But it's blunt and straightforward!

It tell here that one woman to one man! I like the word *wife* not *wives* so the Bible doesn't support polygamy in my opinion

Proverbs 5:21-23 KJV
    For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord , and he pondereth all his goings. [22] His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins. [23] He shall die without instruction; and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.

Obedience is a choice and the consequences of it would speak later. Time would tell if we really obey instructions

King of Glory I pray that the eyes of our understanding and the wisdom of the Kingdom be be engraved in our hearts now and forever more.

Amen!

Don't forget to comment and share!