Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 7

• 21 posts
    July 5, 2017 9:58 AM CEST
    Welcome everyone to today's review session on Proverbs 7

Sure we all had a wonderful night and a good rest.

Prayers: As we review your word today we pray that you'll help us follow your instructions without question in Jesus name......Amen

This chapter tends to speak a lot to the gents but in the first 4 verses, there is a call from God emphasizing the need to keep his words and instructions

And that's for everyone for everyday living

I believe it is teaching to set our priorities right

Verse 3 strikes the point for me "Write them in your heart;" I.e that is all we are permitted to think to guide our actions
    Bind them upon that fingers; I.e in all we do God's word and way is made evident

And then to the rest of the verses talking about the enticing vice of a harlot luring a man who is "off guard"(as we see in verse 21 where he gives in)

At this point I'll like to say that there is always that strange woman ready to trap us whenever we live the path of walking in God's instruction and commandment so we need to watch it

Verse 24-27 warns of the grave consequences of giving in.........In fact hell starts from that point of succumbing

One verse that struck a chord while I read this chapter as I conclude tonight however is verse 19-20...........The good man was away
    Then I painted the picture of Jesus who has gone to return at an appointed time as the good man and the serpent(satan) as the strange woman and we as the man been lured.......Be careful what you do while the good man is away

On a more literal note......Gents watch it so you're not caught up in deceit just to get involved with a woman.... Anything gotten in pressure can only be sustained by heat, and you don't want an oven for a home

And ladies stick to the good man, never make efforts on getting alternatives.