Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 10

• 21 posts
    July 9, 2017 4:56 PM CEST
    Proverbs 10:12 KJV
    Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

I learnt that the moment we develop hate, we create an automatic battle between ourselves

Proverbs 10:13, 19-21 KJV
    In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding. [19] In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise. [20] The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth. [21] The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.

The nourishment of the soul doesn't always depend on the kind of food we eat but the kind of counsel we apply our hearts to

Our kind words are like ointment to the friction of a dejected heart

Righteousness is worth more than silver and gold

Proverbs 10:22 KJV
    The blessing of the Lord , it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

I love this verse. Any other way is no way. Ogun owo o le se (Blood money cannot do it)

Proverbs 10:28-32 KJV
    The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. [29] The way of the Lord is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity. [30] The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth. [31] The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out. [32] The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.

The Bible is so particular about 3 parts of the human body The heart, the tongue, the mind.... Why?

Verse 29 tells my story. While I was yet a sinner, I felt that the ways of the Lord is an avenue to call sleep and it was so boring for me.

But getting to know the word and it's compartments. I knew I wasn't following the right person, I had to change course and move to the better side

Since when I switched to the better side, some boring stuffz (like patience) has become a character on my part

Hmm.... This struck me now (Maturity by, through Christ is what determines our commitment towards righteousness)

Prayer: Jesus we pray that you'd help us rely solely on you so we can order our steps towards righteousness and consistently be at your feet learning at your presence. Help us to stay in your presence till you come! Amen
    This post was edited by Joshua Temiloluwa Oguntegbe at July 9, 2017 5:02 PM CEST