Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 13

• 21 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:41 PM CEST
    Today we'd be taking a look at chapter 13 of the book of Proverbs

Proverbs 13:1 Intelligent children listen to their parents; foolish children do their own thing.
    Proverbs 13:2 The good acquire a taste for helpful conversation; bullies push and shove their way through life.
    Proverbs 13:3 Careful words make for a careful life; careless talk may ruin everything.
    Proverbs 13:4 Indolence wants it all and gets nothing; the energetic have something to show for their lives.
    Proverbs 13:5 A good person hates false talk; a bad person wallows in gibberish.

Prov 13:1, MSG
    Intelligent children listen to their parents; foolish children do their own thing.

It really says a lot, who you are determines how you respond to certain things

Verse 3 advises that we watch what we say whenever wherever we may be

Proverbs 13:6 A God-loyal life keeps you on track; sin dumps the wicked in the ditch.
    Proverbs 13:7 A pretentious, showy life is an empty life; a plain and simple life is a full life.
    Proverbs 13:8 The rich can be sued for everything they have, but the poor are free of such threats.
    Proverbs 13:9 The lives of good people are brightly lit streets; the lives of the wicked are dark alleys.
    Proverbs 13:10 Arrogant know-it-alls stir up discord, but wise men and women listen to each other's counsel.

Verse 4 and 25 for me is an assurance of abundance

Let me ask a question... According to Verse 8. Is it then better to be poor?

Verse 6 and 21 tells me that negotiating a sinful life is never an option

Proverbs 13:11 Easy come, easy go, but steady diligence pays off.
    Proverbs 13:12 Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick, but a sudden good break can turn life around.
    Proverbs 13:13 Ignore the Word and suffer; honor God's commands and grow rich.
    Proverbs 13:14 The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, so, no more drinking from death-tainted wells!
    Proverbs 13:15 Sound thinking makes for gracious living, but liars walk a rough road.

Verse 18 tells us whose portion it is to be poor biko

Righteousness exalt a nation but sin is a reproach

Proverbs 13:12 KJV
    Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

I want to paint a scenario "Imagine someone who has been looking for a job for 6 years. And in the cause of the 6 years he was challenged by his family and peers. Now he got a job paying him a large sum of money as salary..." How possible is it for him to maintain his usual low life?

Hope we get the question?

Proverbs 13:16 A commonsense person lives good sense; fools litter the country with silliness.
    Proverbs 13:17 Irresponsible talk makes a real mess of things, but a reliable reporter is a healing presence.
    Proverbs 13:18 Refuse discipline and end up homeless; embrace correction and live an honored life.
    Proverbs 13:19 Souls who follow their hearts thrive; fools bent on evil despise matters of soul.
    Proverbs 13:20 Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces.

I love verse 13.... It's core

Verse 18 trips me to my spine

This Message version is blunt..... Even verse 20. It will make you receive sense. Sense beyond our normal thoughts

Proverbs 13:21 Disaster entraps sinners, but God-loyal people get a good life.
    Proverbs 13:22 A good life gets passed on to the grandchildren; ill-gotten wealth ends up with good people.
    Proverbs 13:23 Banks foreclose on the farms of the poor, or else the poor lose their shirts to crooked lawyers.
    Proverbs 13:24 A refusal to correct is a refusal to love; love your children by disciplining them.
    Proverbs 13:25 An appetite for good brings much satisfaction, but the belly of the wicked always wants more.

A refusal to correct is a refusal to love......

An appetite for good things

I hope we've learnt something today?

I have learnt lots of lessons

Prayers: Thank you Lord for instructing us via your word today, we receive ability to do the word in Jesus name
    This post was edited by Joshua Temiloluwa Oguntegbe at July 17, 2017 8:46 PM CEST