Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 15

• 21 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:30 PM CEST
    Proverbs 15:1-2 KJV
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. [2] The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

Our tongues are like the killswitch to anger or the fuel to it.

Being at peace with all men requires a conscious effort to the control of our tongue

The tongue of the wise issues *Rhema*into the soul of a deserted

Proverbs 15:6 The lives of God-loyal people flourish; a misspent life is soon bankrupt.
    Proverbs 15:10 It's a school of hard knocks for those who leave God's path, a dead-end street for those who hate God's rules.
    Proverbs 15:11 Even hell holds no secrets from God - do you think he can't read human hearts? Life Ascends to the Heights

So I can misspend my life?

Proverbs 15:8-9, 13 KJV
    The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord : but the prayer of the upright is his delight. [9] The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the Lord : but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness. [13] A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Noooo.....a upright heart won't misspend a life he/she is just a custodian of

The position of the heart makes for a particular mood. Happy or sad, it's determined by the place of the heart

Proverbs 15:32 KJV
    He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

Another reason why there's no repentance in Hell.

Proverbs 15:14 KJV
    The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

The soul is a seeker of knowledge. The heart is an adventurer, so whatever fascinates the heart is what it launches after.

No wonder the scriptures tells us that "...Wherever the heart of a man is, there his treasures lies." A right placement of our heart thoughts is the secret to a thirsty soul for the kingdom

If I want to grow spiritually, deal with the heart first

Verse 33- if you want to be honoured, you have to first be humble

Proverbs 15:6 The lives of God-loyal people flourish; a misspent life is soon bankrupt.
    Proverbs 15:10 It's a school of hard knocks for those who leave God's path, a dead-end street for those who hate God's rules.
    Proverbs 15:11 Even hell holds no secrets from God - do you think he can't read human hearts? Life Ascends to the Heights

Verse 16 to always stretch out for Instructions

Proverbs 15:7 KJV
    The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

Our of the abundance of the heart the mouth proclaims

Our words are the perfect replica of who we truly are

My real identity is determined by the kind of response I offer to situations (another yardstick to measure maturity)

Prayers: Lord Jesus, help is to hide your word in our hearts that we might not sin against you! Help us to keep our minds stayed on you and our visions surrounded with you. Now and forever! Amen