Forums » Couples

My husband does not want me to pursue my career

• January 18, 2015 6:44 AM CET

My husband does not want me to pursue my career. He feels a woman's place is at home. Should I let go of my dream to pleas emy husand. I wont fel happy doing that and at the same time I don't want to offend my husband. What should I do?

• 22 posts
    January 18, 2015 7:34 AM CET
    My sis, this kind of situation requires a lot of prayer and patient, seek godly advice before taking a decision. Its well
  • January 18, 2015 4:51 PM CET

Sister (I am assuming that you are born again), you have to go to the Lord in prayer about this. If I were a good friend of your husband, I would talk to him that marriage is not only about him finding fulfillment but you also. If you weren't married to him and you were just dating (hint, hint single ladies) you could stop seeing him and wait and pray for a man that allows you to pursue your dreams but that is not the case here. You have to seek the Lord. Ask God to open his eyes and soften his heart. God will help you. He will satisfy your desire with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's (Psalms 103:5).

This post was edited by Oladimeji Famuyiwa at January 19, 2015 6:53 AM CET
    • 73 posts
    May 22, 2016 8:58 PM CEST
    Even if your place as a woman is at home my dear sister gone are the days when a woman will fold her hands at home 24 hours doing nothing. Is he sure he would not get bored with your constant demands? I totally disagree with him.

Patiently talk about it with him gracefully during Happy moments. Try not to be harsh whenever you want to talk about it then, very importantly PRAY. if you've read the power of a praying woman, you'll be amazed at what prayer can accomplish. May the good Lord direct your path accordingly as to how to go about it to His own glory in Jesus mighty l Pray. Amen. Shalom!