Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 18

• 21 posts
    August 1, 2017 9:20 PM CEST
    MESSAGE TRANSLATION Proverbs 18:4 Many words rush along like rivers in flood, but deep wisdom flows up from artesian springs.
    Proverbs 18:5 It's not right to go easy on the guilty, or come down hard on the innocent.
    Proverbs 18:8 Listening to gossip is like eating cheap candy; do you really want junk like that in your belly?
    Proverbs 18:9 Slack habits and sloppy work are as bad as vandalism.
    Proverbs 18:10 God's name is a place of protection - good people can run there and be safe.
    Proverbs 18:11 The rich think their wealth protects them; they imagine themselves safe behind it.
    Proverbs 18:12 Pride first, then the crash, but humility is precursor to honor.
    Proverbs 18:16 A gift gets attention; it buys the attention of eminent people.
    Proverbs 18:17 The first speech in a court case is always convincing - until the cross-examination starts!
    Proverbs 18:22 Find a good spouse, you find a good life - and even more: the favor of God!
    Proverbs 18:23 The poor speak in soft supplications; the rich bark out answers.
    Proverbs 18:24 Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.

True friends are like family verse 24...

Verse 17 keeps me surprised. It happens. We tend to react to others based on the story of one party of the situation. Stuffs like " what did you do to Kunle?" "Where is Taye's stuff you took?"..

Find a good spouse and you find a good life.. That reminds me of what JP posted recently... Marriage is supposed to be heaven on earth... But if a person marries wrongly... Chai It's Hell on Earth

Verse 10 makes an understanding of the Name of the Lord.

There is protection in His name

I love the way KJV puts it

Scripture says He has given us a name THAT IS ABOVE EVERY OTHER NAME.... If we don't use what has been given to us, it won't benefit us

Proverbs 18:10 KJV
    The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Now I want to raise something that's surprising to me

Question: When the Bible specifies that it's the righteous that would be saved, why is that even when a "so called sinner" calls the name, He responds?

When Eben proclaimed in that song "... There is power in your name, miracles happen in your name...." I believe Proverbs 18:10 was in his mind

Proverbs 18:5, don't be bias in your judgment

Well. I believe it depends on the context True.... (Answer to the question above)

Yes and verse 12...

Pride.... So seemingly cool but yet killing. Pride robs us of our rewards

What aches me the most is that *PRIDE* robs us of our relationship with God cos at that point we feel like we already know all and we're beyond control and laws

Humility is the best Friends

He Extols the *HUMBLE* and disapproves the *PROUD*

Prayers: Father we thank you for the little we've learnt today... Help us to put it into practice in Jesus name. Amen

Don't forget to share and drop your comments

#Shalom
    This post was edited by Joshua Temiloluwa Oguntegbe at August 2, 2017 8:33 AM CEST