Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 21

• 867 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:03 PM CEST
    Today's chapter 21

Proverbs 21:9 Better to live alone in a tumbledown shack than share a mansion with a nagging spouse.

No be by force to marry o! Verse 9 of chapter says so

Nagging sucks... It's really counterproductive. Very! It slows down the productivity at maximal level

Proverbs 21:8 Mixed motives twist life into tangles; pure motives take you straight down the road. Do Your Best, Prepare for the Worst
    Proverbs 21:11 Simpletons only learn the hard way, but the wise learn by listening.

But how about when the wife only starts nagging after marriage due to an unfavourable condition like sudden stop or delay in cash flow?

No wonder the word says "Faith comes by hearing and hearing of the word of the Lord"

And bible doesn't support divorce

Obviously nagging is not a sign of respect for both spouses

Exactly so what can be done in such kind of situation?

Let him talk to her and reach a consensus and if she's still adamant, I think the man needs to tell his pastor, then the pastor can talk to her

That's one of the best way

But that even worsens some situation as the woman might feel you are reporting her around...

She made an oath to that effect.

Please what is the difference between nagging, complaining and murmuring?

MURMURING:-
    Verb:
    - speak softly or indistinctly
    - make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
    Adjective:
    - making a low continuous indistinct sound
    Noun:
    - a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech
    - a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone

NAGGING:-
    Verb:
    - bother persistently with trivial complaints
    - worry persistently
    - remind or urge constantly
    Adjective:
    - continually complaining or faultfinding

Urban Meaning
    What women do when they are pissed off and don't have anyone to blame. Usually done to the men that love them and try to treat them right.

Proverbs 21:28 A lying witness is unconvincing; a person who speaks truth is respected.
    Proverbs 21:29 Unscrupulous people fake it a lot; honest people are sure of their steps.
    Proverbs 21:30 Nothing clever, nothing conceived, nothing contrived, can get the better of God.
    Proverbs 21:31 Do your best, prepare for the worst - then trust God to bring victory.

Verse 31 is my favorite.

Do your best, prepare for the worst - then trust God to bring victory

Truth attracts respect and lies commutes with disrespect

Proverbs 21:13 If you stop your ears to the cries of the poor, your cries will go unheard, unanswered.
    Proverbs 21:14 A quietly given gift soothes an irritable person; a heartfelt present cools a hot temper.
    Proverbs 21:15 Good people celebrate when justice triumphs, but for the workers of evil it's a bad day.
    Proverbs 21:17 You're addicted to thrills? What an empty life! The pursuit of pleasure is never satisfied.
    Proverbs 21:19 Better to live in a tent in the wild than with a cross and petulant spouse.
    Proverbs 21:20 Valuables are safe in a wise person's home; fools put it all out for yard sales.
    Proverbs 21:21 Whoever goes hunting for what is right and kind finds life itself - glorious life!
    Proverbs 21:22 One sage entered a whole city of armed soldiers - their trusted defenses fell to pieces!
    Proverbs 21:23 Watch your words and hold your tongue; you'll save yourself a lot of grief.
    Proverbs 21:25 Lazy people finally die of hunger because they won't get up and go to work.
    Proverbs 21:26 Sinners are always wanting what they don't have; the God-loyal are always giving what they do have.

Verse 23.. Not all questions requires an answer

Says it all

If I do my best & I'm also trusting God for a victory... Then I prepare for the worst, won't it be as if I doubt that God can actually do it?

If I'm preparing for the worst then there's an alternative, how does faith then act?

You see the scripture is, has been and would continually be a mystery. In the book of Jeremiah God was telling him that His ways are not our ways. Sometimes our expectations are not always God's determination

Most times when I do things or when am expecting some things, I do not always expect those things to fall in place, but then I always trust that God can do it

It's not everytime that God's Yes is for us. Sometimes he says No so that his own will be done

I hope we've learnt something today?

Prayers: In Jesus name! O lord, we thank you for today's word, Let your word have great impact in our lives
    Give us the privilege to participate in tomorrow's Review. Be our guidance everyday of our lives. Thank you because you are God
    In Jesus name I pray. Amen!