Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 23

• 21 posts
    September 21, 2017 8:04 PM CEST
    The Bible is too complete that it's talking about table manners The bible speak of everything Valid reference point on any and every thing Proverbs 23:1 When you go out to dinner with an influential person, mind your manners: Proverbs 23:2 Don't gobble your food, don't talk with your mouth full. Proverbs 23:3 And don't stuff yourself; bridle your appetite. Then I thought again. It means all of our Rules are gotten from the scriptures I like verse 3. So when we go to a party and they tell us serve yourself. We don't need to put rice with egusi and moimoi to match with meat, chicken and beef along side. This verse 2 sometimes come unconsciously that the food even drops off the mouth some times But for some they don't just mind........ Terrible Proverbs 23:4 Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich; restrain yourself Proverbs 23:5 Riches disappear in the blink of an eye; wealth sprouts wings and flies off into the wild blue yonder. Whoever the heart of a man is, there lies his treasure.... Chase after God and Riches would chase after you The wear in verse 4, is it talking about too much work Yes.. There should be time for rest and enjoyment, But you really have to work hard to make ends meet Proverbs 23:4 Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich; restrain yourself Proverbs 23:5 Riches disappear in the blink of an eye; wealth sprouts wings and flies off into the wild blue yonder. Proverbs 23:6 Don't accept a meal from a tightwad; don't expect anything special. Proverbs 23:7 He'll be as stingy with you as he is with himself; he'll say, "Eat! Drink!" but won't mean a word of it. Proverbs 23:10 Don't stealthily move back the boundary lines or cheat orphans out of their property, Proverbs 23:11 For they have a powerful Advocate who will go to bat for them. Proverbs 23:12 Give yourselves to disciplined instruction; open your ears to tested knowledge. Proverbs 23:13 Don't be afraid to correct your young ones; a spanking won't kill them. Verse 13, spare not the rod when it's needed. It's important. Spanking them instills discipline into the child and makes Proverbs 22 vs 6a striking feature of them young and when they grow 23:10 wicked uncles and conniving lawyers that exploits should repent 6-7 is for aka gum, very terrible character to be trapped in Good backs and defends such people like kilode........ Father to the fatherless and husband to the widows Proverbs 23:29 Who are the people who are always crying the blues? Who do you know who reeks of self-pity? Who keeps getting beat up for no reason at all? Whose eyes are bleary and bloodshot? Proverbs 23:30 It's those who spend the night with a bottle, for whom drinking is serious business. Proverbs 23:31 Don't judge wine by its label, or its bouquet, or its full-bodied flavor. Proverbs 23:32 Judge it rather by the hangover it leaves you with - the splitting headache, the queasy stomach. Proverbs 23:33 Do you really prefer seeing double, with your speech all slurred, Proverbs 23:34 Reeling and seasick, drunk as a sailor? Proverbs 23:35 "They hit me," you'll say, "but it didn't hurt; they beat on me, but I didn't feel a thing. When I'm sober enough to manage it, bring me another drink!" Fast forward. To time, no need to take one bottle if you know you want to follow Christ Drunkenness of wine, alcohol is a stripper and it brings out the best part of a humans foolishness Proverbs 23:12 Give yourselves to disciplined instruction; open your ears to tested knowledge. Proverbs 23:13 Don't be afraid to correct your young ones; a spanking won't kill them. Proverbs 23:14 A good spanking, in fact, might save them from something worse than death Proverbs 23:15 Dear child, if you become wise, I'll be one happy parent. Proverbs 23:16 My heart will dance and sing to the tuneful truth you'll speak. Proverbs 23:17 Don't for a minute envy careless rebels; soak yourself in the Fear-of-God - Proverbs 23:18 That's where your future lies. Then you won't be left with an armload of nothing. Proverbs 23:19 Oh listen, dear child - become wise; point your life in the right direction Proverbs 23:20 Don't drink too much wine and get drunk; don't eat too much food and get fat. My final focus is on verse 19! The last statement *"Soak Yourself in the FEAR OF GOD* I'd help us keep ourselves to his fear and undeniable Authority Prayers: Father we bless you for the instructions from your word, we ask for grace to obey in Jesus name
    This post was edited by Joshua Temiloluwa Oguntegbe at September 21, 2017 8:24 PM CEST