Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 25

• 21 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:50 PM CEST
    In chapter 25 I saw some things that I'd like to share today

Proverbs 25:2 God delights in concealing things; scientists delight in discovering things.
    Proverbs 25:3 Like the horizons for breadth and the ocean for depth, the understanding of a good leader is broad and deep.
    Proverbs 25:4 Remove impurities from the silver and the silversmith can craft a fine chalice;
    Proverbs 25:5 Remove the wicked from leadership and authority will be credible and God-honoring.

I want to take a vivid look at verse 3

A leader is never caught by surprise! There is a ready answer for every question and and challenge arising ♑

Proverbs 25:6 Don't work yourself into the spotlight; don't push your way into the place of prominence.
    Proverbs 25:7 It's better to be promoted to a place of honor than face humiliation by being demoted.
    Proverbs 25:8 Don't jump to conclusions - there may be a perfectly good explanation for what you just saw.

Verse 6. Makes me understand these scripture "whoever humbles himself shall be promoted but whoever honors himself shall be humbled"

My best realization of humility is when someone is striving to be like Christ in thought action and character

Verse 8. Please I want to appeal, for the fact that he didn't reply your message doesn't mean he snubbed you, it might be that he's in a tight situation that needs immediate attention and chatting would only add to it

We're not to react exactly to what the other party has done to us. Weighing alternatives requires an inquiry for why such action was committed!

We're not always right! Sometimes the major infractions come from our end

Proverbs 25:9 In the heat of an argument, don't betray confidences;
    Proverbs 25:10 Word is sure to get around, and no one will trust you.
    Proverbs 25:11 The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry,
    Proverbs 25:12 And a wise friend's timely reprimand is like a gold ring slipped on your finger.

Previously we talked about friendship

Though it popped in but remember our right friendship would save us a lot of headache especially when it comes to Godly advice and consultations

Never betray your friendship. Stay true to the word SECRET No matter the intensity of the pressure to spit it out (I mean Godly secrets o, not a combination of evil)

Proverbs 25:13 Reliable friends who do what they say are like cool drinks in sweltering heat - refreshing!
    Proverbs 25:14 Like billowing clouds that bring no rain is the person who talks big but never produces.
    Proverbs 25:15 Patient persistence pierces through indifference; gentle speech breaks down rigid defenses. A Person Without Self-Control
    Proverbs 25:16 When you're given a box of candy, don't gulp it all down; eat too much chocolate and you'll make yourself sick;

Verse 16 stresses the importance of sharing. Be a GIVER. Giving Is a principle for INCREASE. It's not only when we increase our tithe from 10% to 12%, that's when I've GIVEN. Whatever requires a sacrifice from us and we do it not for the reward but because of the love we have for God, then we're GIVERS

Proverbs 25:17 And when you find a friend, don't outwear your welcome; show up at all hours and he'll soon get fed up.
    Proverbs 25:18 Anyone who tells lies against the neighbors in court or on the street is a loose cannon.
    Proverbs 25:19 Trusting a double-crosser when you're in trouble is like biting down on an abscessed tooth.
    Proverbs 25:20 Singing light songs to the heavyhearted is like pouring salt in their wounds.

Verse 17...... When he finally agrees to be your friend, don't stress him or her to the point of disgust

Touching songs only and emotions of the heavy-hearted

On a final note!

Proverbs 25:21 If you see your enemy hungry, go buy him lunch; if he's thirsty, bring him a drink.
    Proverbs 25:22 Your generosity will surprise him with goodness, and God will look after you.
    Proverbs 25:23 A north wind brings stormy weather, and a gossipy tongue stormy looks.
    Proverbs 25:24 Better to live alone in a tumbledown shack than share a mansion with a nagging spouse.
    Proverbs 25:25 Like a cool drink of water when you're worn out and weary is a letter from a long-lost friend.
    Proverbs 25:26 A good person who gives in to a bad person is a muddied spring, a polluted well.
    Proverbs 25:27 It's not smart to stuff yourself with sweets, nor is glory piled on glory good for you.
    Proverbs 25:28 A person without self-control is like a house with its doors and windows knocked out.

God is the one who watches over us verse 22...

He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. (Vs 28, KJV)

Verse 24 is repeated version of chapter 21:9.... Same instructions coming again

That kind of feeling when an old friend calls or when there is a reconciliation with a very old friend. Verse 25

Any other contributions before we draw the curtains?

Prayers: As you've spoken to us tonight, help us to continually do your will, now and forever more in Jesus Name! Amen