Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Corper Shun!!! The Story So far...

• 199 posts
    April 5, 2015 6:13 AM CEST

CORPER SHUN!!!

The Story So far...

Episode 5

We arrived at the ground floor as quickly as possible, Annabel already picked a space for us at the corner of the room where some of our course mates were gathered too, so she led the way and we sat down. The number of students on the ground floor had increased within the space of one hour we got there. I did not know I had spent much time on the first floor, no wonder Anna came upstairs to look for me, she must have wondered what happened to me.

I could see the shock written all over Annabel. Her eyes widened like they would pop out that moment, her jaw dropped like she had seen a ghost and slowly she used the back of her hand to touch my neck to feel my temperature and said “Babe, you well so?” This meant “Babe, Are you well?”

Then she responded sarcastically to tease me “My friend Derin is in love” and she laughed. I just ignored her and we continued with our work.

Episode 6

When Anna and I got to the hostel that evening, she brought up the topic of Shaye and I which we put aside in the library earlier that day.

Bel explained to me that attraction was an emotion that caused an interest or desire in something or someone which in my case was someone. She said infatuation was also an emotion of unreasoned passion.

The next day which was a sunday, I went to check for Shaye's Sister in the afternoon. I met her, introduced myself and helped her with her assignment. She thanked

me and I was back to my room that evening.

I went to bed happy with thoughts of Shaye and Annabel's words. I hoped for the best and looked forward to a better week. It was indeed a beautiful weekend.

Episode 7

I gave a deep sigh as I came back from my long flash back. I almost forgot I was still in the College building where Shaye had left me to go ease himself. Indeed, we had come a long way. From harmless library meeting to helping his sister and there we were about to go and serve. I would definitely miss him. Just then Annabel walked back, grinning from ear to ear, ready to pop out of her skin.

After she left, Shaye and I went upstairs where the letters were given. It was a large room. One of the largest in the department. For some reasons best known to the school authorities, they decided to merge the Science and Art Students together to give their call up letter. The population was large, the queue was long, people rushed, pushed one another, some fell and at some point, the scene became quite annoying.

As Shaye tried to get proper balance, he felt a slap on his back...

Episode 8

In shock, he turned to see who it was and with great delight he shouted “Hey Big man! How are you?” It was Ishaya, his very close class mate.

Ishaya Folagbade was one of the best students in Computer Science. He was a book worm and a walking computer. Ishaya was a little playful and he could be mischievous.

“Folashaye Origbade” the Dean of Science and Technology called, Shaye had to leave us to go collect his letter. He walked up boldly to the front to collect his letter while Ishaya and I waited for him. “So what’s up? Where?” I asked acting curious. “PH, PortHarcourt” He answered plainly. “So do you want to tell me where you were posted to now?” “Ok! Lagos!” I answered smiling. “What?! Why so far?” He asked, I could see the horror in his eyes. Surprised at his reaction, I responded “But I'm happy! We could visit each other you know? And we have few days to spend together before we part ways, just that I will miss you, I hope I don’t cry” “No baby you won’t and in case you do, here’s my shoulder, you can lean on me” we ended the statement together with the song...

For full story of the first four episodes, kindly go to

http://kissesandhuggs.org/pearl-s-cafe

For full stories of episode 5-17, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.