Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 5

• 199 posts
    May 2, 2015 7:41 AM CEST

PLATOON TWO

Great News: By popular demand and request, Corper Shun!!! first series of Diamond in the Rough will be in Hard Print and dedicated at the MEGA Conference coming up Oct. 29 – Nov 1 this year! Please stay alert for further information. Thank you!

Last Episode

The driver drove out of the garage like he was been chased by a monster. As he drove out, through the gallops of the exit, we bounced back and forth the seat. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth.

They exchanged insults in the bus and in the heat of the argument, the passenger voice said“Hello, Shola, how far? Please send me 5 of your men from the barracks to Iyanapaja, I'm almost there. There is someone I'll like your men to discipline. Make it fast please. Thank you.” The passenger ended the call.

The bus went quiet and the conductor became restless. The passenger sternly warned the conductor to be ready to be disciplined when they get to Iyanapaja.

For full story of episode 4, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

Episode 5

There was an awful silence in the bus. The passenger had called a 'Shola' to send soldiers in advance to Iyanapaja to discipline the conductor. The Conductor seemed restless in the bus.

“Is this how Lagos is? Just like that? Because of change?” Questions in my heart popped up again. “na wa o” I sighed.

Suddenly the driver swerve his hand and everyone swang back and forth. Every one shouted out of fear. Again, my heart almost jumped out of my body.

A Toyota Camry had suddenly sped out of the right hand side of another road and almost collided with the bus we were in and in order to avoid an accident the driver had swerved his hand. The driver finally got his balance and the bus was steady again.

“Boda, abeg no vex, I go give you your change” The Conductor apologised to the passenger. Then, he said to his driver to help him change N500 note to bits “abeg change this N500 oga mi, make I give my chairman change.”

“Sister, abeg, help me pass it” he tapped my shoulder and gave it to me. The driver changed the money to two N200 notes and one N100. I gave him back his money.

The passenger refused to collect his change and told the Conductor that the soldiers were already waiting for him at Iyana paja. After much appeal from the driver and other passengers, the passenger collected his change but still insisted the conductor would be locked up in the guard room.

“Adealu, Araromi, Iyanapaja” The driver called out when the appeal was going on again in the bus.

“Araromi wa o” Another passenger answered.

The offended passenger's phone rang. “They are there, Ok, we are at Araromi” just then the conducted started begging profusely and his driver had to turn off the ignition. The Bus was stopped and both the driver and conductor begged the passenger with the passengers. After which the passenger agreed. He called back his friend and asked him to withdraw his soldiers. He also apologised to his friend for the inconvenience. The conductor entered the bus and the driver started the ignition.

The conductor playfully said to the passenger that he was too hard on him.

“You still dey talk, I can still redial o” The passenger brought out his phone as if to redial.

“Ah no o, my chairman, me ke, sorry abeg” he quickly begged. Everybody laughed. The driver warned the conductor to keep quiet and every body laughed at the whole scenario. Just then, we arrived at Iyana paja.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hlAnd follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!