Forums » Singles' Discussion

I was a victim of rape. But the memory has refused to leave me

• January 21, 2015 6:48 AM CET

I was a victim of rape. But the memory has refused to leave me and I have not been able to make new friends. Everybody that tries to come near  me, I will suspect them and will be very unfriendly. I have not been able to trust any other perosn. In fact, I sometime ask, must I get married again? Can't I just be single? Please, I need your opinions on this.

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at January 21, 2015 6:52 AM CET
    • 20 posts
    January 21, 2015 8:01 AM CET
    My dear,am so sorry for what happened,but....you have to move on. God is for you. According to Myles Munroe,the greatest defence against an idea,is a BETTER IDEA. To deal with bad memories,replace them with good memories,and one effective way to do that,is to MEDITATE ON GOD'S WORD,& THE GLORIOUS FUTURE HE HAS PLANNED FOR YOU. It is not about reading- it is about meditating: extracting new pictures from God's word to knock out every wrong image. To aid in this process,I suggest you get materials- books,audios,videos,articles by people like Joseph Prince,Myles Munroe,Joyce Meyer,etc.,and literally,SOAK YOURSELF IN THEM,especially Joseph Prince. This has never seized to work. Let God embrace you,and let His grace,and love,and joy envelope and heal every wound!

Recommended Downloads:
    1. The Key To Living Your Future,by Myles Munroe
    2. Destined To Reign,by Joseph Prince
    3. God's Opinion of You Never Changes,by Joseph Prince
    4. Unmerited Favor,by Joseph Prince
    5. Battlefield of The Mind,by Joyce Meyer ‪#Quick‬Downloads™101

Download@ http://goo.gl/a7zKyk , http://goo.gl/Kjvtuk
    This post was edited by Deleted Member at February 27, 2015 9:39 PM CET
  • January 21, 2015 8:09 AM CET
    Find ur solace in God. He will help u and u will find love again. God bless u dear
    • 1 posts
    January 21, 2015 8:23 AM CET
    My dear, so sorry abt wat happened to u. Rape is a very ugly thing. U just have to let go not for anybody but for yourself, by refusing to let go u'r only holding yourself down. Comitt everything in the hands of God and He will surely help u overcome.
    • 3 posts
    January 21, 2015 9:27 AM CET

Please allow God to heal your heart completely......so that you'll be free even in your thinking. God help you sis

• 11 posts
    January 21, 2015 12:53 PM CET
    Its really painful but you still have to move on as its not the end of your life. If you don't allow the past to pass then you may pass away with it (God forbid). I recommend a message by Joel Osteen for you "letting go of the past"
  • January 21, 2015 1:42 PM CET

Ask for total cleasing of your heart from God and He ll grant unto you all your heart desires. May God help in Jesus Name. Amen!!!

• 3 posts
    January 21, 2015 3:56 PM CET
    I once had a friend in your shoes but she gave God the room to heal her. No change will come if you don't give God room. You pain and hatred and distrust will do just that. You have been hurt YES. Is d offender feeling your pain NO, is he going to stop living and having fun because he raped you, NO. So y will you allow the devil steal your joy? Ask for the help of the Holy Spirit then make up ur mind to be happy and tell the devil no matter what he does you will be happy. Then you are ready for change cos you are stronger than you think. I also will advice u give relationships (platonic or not) a breathing space. Wish u d best
  • January 21, 2015 6:34 PM CET
    It is never easy, but you have to let go and let God take over.. It is well
  • February 17, 2015 12:11 PM CET

Hello, Sorry about the unfortunate...... all i can say is LET IT GO....