Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 16 - Lagos Camp Experience Week 1

• 199 posts
    June 7, 2015 11:05 AM CEST

PLATOON TWO

Last Episode

Just then, we heard from the feedback of the microphone and we immediately stood straight. It was the commander that addressed us that morning. He gave us the daily itinerary until the last day of the camp.

Hey, beautiful, we meet again, how are you?” The male voice said behind me. I looked back and it was John, the short bow legged guy I met the previous day when we first resumed. I tried not to show my surprise.

I felt a little uncomfortable but I did my best to hide it. Just then, I pulled Lewa “Please let's go and eat, we haven't finished our registration remember.”

Slow down Derin, he's harmless” Lewa removed her hand from mine.

Well then, meet me inside” I said and left for the next shop to buy my food.

Sweetheart, you cannot run away from me, I'm stuck on you” John said behind me as I left them.

For full story of episode 15, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

Episode 16

LAGOS CAMP EXPERIENCE -WEEK 1

I entered the next shop where a young lady sold rice, stew and beef worth N150. We were to continue our registration.

As I sat down to eat, Lewa came in

Hey girl, why are you uptight? The guy was just friendly, he's harmless and cute also. Did you notice is bow legs, cute aren't they? and his bald head, oh, I feel like rubbing it...” She continued.

Errm Lewa, I'm not interested, buy whatever you are buying, eat and let's go.” I responded coldly.

I noticed the disappointed look on her face but I cared less. I had other things on my mind. I wondered why Shaye had not called me, I had not heard from neither Annabel nor Irene. My parents and Sister Toke had called even Mr. Gb my college oficer.

Mr. Gb had called some people on my behalf since he served in Lagos and sent their numbers to me to get in touch with them once I was done with my registration. I was already getting irritated because Shaye had not called but I exercised self control. I thought of Sheila, I hadn't seen her since she left the camp ground yesterday afternoon. A lot played on my mind as I wondered what went on. All what Lewa said passed through my left ear and came out through the right ear like a bird released from a cage. I heard nothing. I rushed my food and left Lewa there.

The first lecture started, it was a welcome address. It held on the field. The day was sunny and the place was noisy. I found a bench to sit on and as I brought out my phone to dial Shaye, he was already calling. My countenance rapidly flipped into an excited one. I heartily picked his call. All my anger and irritation were flung into the thin air and I caught the bliss of joy and love of my beloved Shaye.

I had to excuse myself from the Lecture to hide in a quiet place because of the ground rules of not receiving or making calls on the parade ground. Shaye explained that he could not call me the day before which was the first day because, he arrived at his destination late at night and the network had been bad. We spoke briefly and he promised to call me later.

As I dropped the call, my phone rang again and it was Annabel. I almost screamed my head off but I held myself. Annabel gave a similar explanation with a slight difference. I was too excited to be angry. Within the short time we spoke, I gisted her about Sheila, John and Lewa in the succession I met them. We had to rush our conversation because Annabel had to go finish up her registration and I had to go finish the lecture before I was caught hiding.

I got back to my seat in a completely different mood. I saw Lewa had come for the lecture. She saw my mood and asked the reason I was that happy, I told her my friend had called. I did not want to tell her I was in a relationship. I felt it was too early; I only met her the previous night. Besides, she seemed to be all over John whom I did not intend to even be friends with. So I only answered her quickly and ended the topic.

The first lecture ended 20 minutes after I returned. When we got to the field I sighted a lady with a small box from where I was, she was coming through the gate.

Could that be Irene?” I asked myself and proceeded toward the lady's direction leaving Lewa behind again.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!