Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

God Wants You To Prosper! Part 2

• 58 posts
    June 18, 2015 7:58 AM CEST
    God Wants You To Prosper! Part 2

In Genesis 1:28 God told Adam to have dominion over the earth. From the beginning it was God’s intention for man to prosper.

3 John 2 says, Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

The word wish in this verse in the literal Greek can be translated “pray,” so we could read it this way: Beloved, I (pray) above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospereth.

One of the problems in the body of Christ is that their souls are not prospering. The soul of a man is the inner link that connects the spirit with body.

The soul and the spirit of a man are not the same, though for years many thought they were. The Bible divides the two.

So often we hear this statement: “He has lost his soul.” We think of the soul as being the spirit, but the scriptures tell us differently.

Man is a spirit; he has a soul; and he lives in a body. The soul of man is composed of the mind, the will and the emotions. It is the guidance system for the natural man.

Man is a spirit being, having been breathed out of God.

In the beginning, God breathed His spirit [life ]into Adam. That spirit [life ]became the human spirit, which operates beyond the intellect in the spiritual realm.

Again 3 John 2 said God's will is for you to prosper, even as your soul prospers.

Your soul must embrace prosperity. A prosperous soul will produce a prosperous image inside you.

In John 5:6,Jesus approached a crippled man at the pool of Bethesda and said to him, will you be made whole?

That seem a strange thing to ask a man who is crippled. The man has been lying there for years waiting for the “troubling of the water” so he could go down into the water and be healed. He wanted to be healed, but Jesus asked him, “will you be made whole?”

The first thing the man did was to talk to Jesus about his problem: sir i have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming another steps down before me [John 5:7]
    Jesus was trying to get him to speak his faith, but the man zeroed in on the
    problem instead.

God will not force anything on you. He wants your soul to develop a picture of all round well-being. You must develop a desire to prosper. Before you can obtain true prosperity, there must be a desire within you.

Proverbs 13:12 says, when desire cometh, it is a tree of life. This verse can be interpreted to mean when desire is in you, it is the tree of life.

In other words, the thing you desire is the thing you will pray and the thing you will say. You will speak in line with your desires and faith comes by hearing. (Rom. 10:17)

Jesus said what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (mark 11:24). He said believe you receive the things you desire, not the things you already have.

If your soul is not desiring all round well being,you will have a bad image-an image of failure and defeat or sickness.

I challenge you therefore to keep sowing the seed of God's word into your heart.
    Overtime your soul will begin to desire all that God has made available for you in Christ Jesus!

And as you declare these things consistently in Faith, they will become tangible realities in your life!

It's a resoundingly blessed day for you!

WePrevail by His Word!

This post was edited by Rev Tunde Afe at June 18, 2015 7:58 AM CEST