Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

God's Grace is Not Lazy!

• 58 posts
    June 30, 2015 7:35 AM CEST

“But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me” (1 Corinthians 15:10, AMP).

How many of you have set goals for that you really want to accomplish? I’m not talking about mere desires, but goals that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has put in your heart.

If you know that God’s grace is at work in your life, then nothing can stop you from pursuing and attaining your goals, except you! How?

By being lazy.

The Bible has a lot to say about laziness.

A lazy person wants many things but refuses to work (Proverbs 21:25).

Lazy people love to sleep (Proverbs 26:14).

The Bible even says “Slack habits and sloppy work are as bad as vandalism” (Proverbs 18:9, MSG).

Hebrews 6:11, 12, GWT, says, “We want each of you to prove that you’re working hard so that you will remain confident until the end. Then, instead of being lazy, you will imitate those who are receiving the promises through faith and patience.”

Grace is not a license to become lazy. We know from the finished work of redemption,Jesus is your supply and that under grace, God works for you.

These are true and valid But grace is not an open invitation to become lazy, sit back, fold your hands and chill out because the preacher said that Jesus did it all!

In fact, the very opposite is true. When you fully understand God’s grace, you will labor all the more like the apostle Paul did:

“But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me” (1 Corinthians 15:10, AMP).

Paul said the grace on his life was not in vain; he labored more abundantly because God’s grace on him was so strong. You can work and still be at rest.

Rest is not inactivity.

Resting in God is an inner attitude of trust and confidence in Jesus while you go about your everyday activities.

When you believe that God’s grace is on your life, you are going to find yourself doing more; even doing things you didn’t have the courage to do in the past.

Faith in God gives birth to right actions. But it’s going to be labor produced by grace, not born out of your own sweat to make something happen.

So, as you navigate this new week, I declare that you’re graced to do more!

What do you want to accomplish?

Do you want to finally lose that excess weight?

Get physically fit? Go back to school? Change jobs or careers? Write that book, or start that business?

Whatever it is, God has graced you to do it! Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you locate what God has graced you to do with ease in order to obtain “sweat -less victory.”

Don’t allow laziness to steal your dreams and goals.

A lazy life is an empty life! Even now, God is working in and through you to accomplish His will!

“[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight” (Philippians 2:13, AMP).

It's a resoundingly blessed week for you in Jesus name.

WePrevail! by His Word!

• July 28, 2015 1:05 PM CEST

Faith in God gives birth to right actions!

A lazy life is an empty life!

hmmmmmmm

God bless you sir.