Forums » Couples

I cheated on my husband

• July 11, 2015 7:32 AM CEST

I cheated on my husband and I have repented and stopped it. Should I tell him about it? He would likely ask me to pack out of the house. But my conscience is disturbing me. Must I tell him?

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at July 11, 2015 7:50 AM CEST
    • 44 posts
    July 11, 2015 11:52 AM CEST

First of all, you should ask God for forgiveness, which I think you have done, then pray that God should prepare the heart of your husband to recieve your confession. I think it is really important that you let your husband know, remember you are one with him and you are not to hide anything from each other. You won't want a situation where he would hear about it from outside,  that won't be a good one at all.Don't 

think because you have prayed for God to prepare his heart for the confession, he will just take it lightly, he may not and his reaction may really be hard. Just do your part and let the holy spirit also do his part.

You need to also work on what lead you to cheating on him in the first place, you may have to see a counselor for that.

May God see you through.

• 194 posts
    June 6, 2016 12:31 PM CEST
    <p>Well, I believe just as you said that you have confessed your sin to God and repented.</p>
    <p>As Blesses babe said, pls go to God in prayers to take control of your husband's heart and to direct you on how &amp; when to tell him. If God gives you the nudge to tell him, then Go ahead, God will certainly take control.</p>
    <p>PLEASE, call Pastor Dunamis for further consultation. You will not lose your home in Jesus name. AMEN.</p>