Forums » Pearl's Cafe

PLatoon Two, Ep 22 - Lagos Camp Experience Week 1

• 199 posts
    July 26, 2015 2:06 AM CEST

PLATOON TWO

Last Episode

It was a beautiful night with Irene because we had a lot to talk about. We had to leave Maami Market on time because of light out at 10pm. By the time we got to the hostel at 9:30pm, Lewa was asleep. So Irene and I gisted all through into mid night. We had to go to sleep at 1am for the early morning jogging at 5:30am.

The military officers led the corp members, there were also some at the middle and at the end of the lines to guide and guard the corp members. The Red Cross team followed us diligently to administer First Aid treatment to those that sustained injury along the way.

Is that clear?” He said again.

Yes sir!” We responded. He said it the third time and we responded the third time.

You are dismissed!” He finally responded and everybody dispersed to their various rooms. Irene, Lewa and I found ourselves went to our rooms together.

For full story of episode 21, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

Episode 22

LAGOS CAMP EXPERIENCE -WEEK 1

Irene, Lewa and I participated in the Parade so we reported to the field at 12pm prompt fully kitted with our khaki Uniform ready for the rehearsal before the opening ceremony.

Three of us were in Platoon Two and Guard Two of the parade troupe. We were put in the first row of the guard. The platoons were supposed to break into Guards while the Corps members matched. There were 5 Guards in all which was half of the ten platoons.

The rehearsal was seamless as every corps member knew what to do per time and when to salute. Platoon Two/Guard Two turned out to be the best among the Platoons/Guards that matched and our commandant sergeant Musa was proud of his platoon.

Asawo Flatoon is the best Flatooon!” he said happily with his Hausa accent.

eeeee!” Every member of platoon two responded with delight.

All of you na asawooo” He responded with his sense of humour.

Oga Musa, you too na oga asawoooo” Some of the Platoon Members responded teasing. He made a face and everybody laughed. Then he pointed to Irene and referring to her as an angel, he said

Dis one na d only Angel, see as she quiet since.” Then, he went close to Irene to ask for her name, Irene responded, he tapped her shoulder and told her to remain well behaved.

Most platoon members gave the indifferent attitude and enjoyed the few minutes of relaxation. After what seemed to be like ten minutes, we were asked to go back to our original positions as the opening ceremony was about to commence.

Hello sweetbabe, I've missed you this two days” The familiar voice held my waist. I was startled and turned back immediately and yes, it was John Paul again.

I threw away his hand in anger.

You again?!!!” I retorted.

Yes, me again” he said with his usual mischievous smile.

I've told you, you cannot run from me.” he said again.

Hiii!” Lewa said hello to John with so much glee.

Hello” He responded sharply then turned to me again “I see you are now three”

That's none of your business” I replied as I tried to block him from greeting Irene who was at that time backing us. She was speaking with one of the male corps members in the platoon.

John Paul laughed hysterically and bounced off without saying and additional word.

That was weird” I thought to myself. “John Paul will always have a pay off anytime he is leaving.” It got me thinking for a few seconds, I shrugged it off and quickly joined the platoon line where I was originally position to get ready for the opening ceremony. At this time, the field was full and we were set to begin.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!