Forums » Faith Booster with Rev. Biodun

WINNING OVER THE TEMPTATION TO QUIT

• 4 posts
    August 1, 2015 5:43 PM CEST

1 Corinthians 15:57-58 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, immoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

James 1:12-13 Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither temp teeth he any man:

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

A. Everyone at one point or the other in our journey of faith with God had experience temptation to quit. To quit praying,to quit dreaming, to quit serving,to quit giving ,to quit coming to church, to quit living righteously in a world full of sin and distraction.

# Temptation to quit is normal ,never think it is abnormal . Jesus was tempted to quit ,so also were his disciples but they never quit.

• Psalms 34:19 Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD deliver ETH him out of them all.

• Psalms 71:20 [Thou], which hast showed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

• 1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

# No temptation is unique. Many times,when we go through hard times,devil makes us believe that our trouble is unique.

• its a lie of the devil. Your trouble is not unique to you alone
    1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
    •There is nothing new under the sun
    •When we stay on course, in spite of the temptation to quit that is when we release the power of God into that situation.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, immoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

# It is not a matter of the word not working,it is a matter of timing

• Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
    • Every seed sown will produce………it is a must so don't quit.
    Genesis 8:22 While the earth remain ETH, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
    • The devil is a cheat and a deceiver.
    Tells you nothing is happening,but that's a lie things are
    happening . It is first the blade,the ear ,then the full corn.

Mark 4:28 For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.

1 Kings 18:41-45 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for [there is] a sound of abundance of rain. So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, [There is] nothing. And he said, Go again seven times. And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare [thy chariot], and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not. And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.

• It is not a matter of the word not working, It is a matter of timing.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.………Beautiful means to glorify God, there is a time the word of God must glorify God.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it................Once a seed is sown,you loose control of it. you cant control it any more ,but if u still have it in your hands you have control of it. Jesus was in control of his life until he let go of the seed........it is FINISHED!

B. HOW TO WIN OVER THE TEMPTATION TO QUIT

1. You must understand that this is your specific time of temptation.
    • Everyone will have his or her own evil day.
    •So don't quit
    •It is not strange
    1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

2. You must know that when you are been tempted to quit is an attack of the enemy,and that is when you are closest to the victory.
    1 Peter 5:8-9 ( AMP) Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour. Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.
    • If you are not well - balanced and cautious you will fall for the temptation to want to quit.

3. You must know that the battle is won or lost in your mind.
    • You give up first in your mind before giving up in yourself
    • The mind is the place of fainting
    Galatians 6:9(AMP) And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.
    •The devil works with suggestions,he suggest thoughts to your mind that makes you go faint.
    • You fights thoughts with thought …………You fight thoughts with words( Gods word)

4.You must know the word of God and have fellowship with him to experience his strength and victory during temptation.
    • Jesus knew the word,and that was why he was able to overcome the devil
    • Know the word for yourself .