Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 24 - Lagos Camp Experience Week 1

• 199 posts
    August 1, 2015 11:42 PM CEST

PLATOON TWO

Last Episode

The opening ceremony commence with the NYSC Anthem, follow by the March Past, then, the Governor's address and official declaration of the camp opening. The ceremony ended with the NYSC Anthem and Corps members dispersed.

A night out during Camp Fire? Wow!” I thought to myself.

Derin, I don't do parties, but I could describe the place they will be having it for you.” She said.

No o, It was not me he invited na, how will I just show up? Ok, let's do it this way, you take me there, I'll inform Lewa, then you can leave Lewa and I there. Deal?” I asked with a smile and patronising look.

It was then it dawned on me that Lewa often disappeared to appear. I wondered where she went to anytime she disappeared. I shrugged off the thought immediately it came and enjoyed my meal with Irene.

For full story of episode 23, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

Episode 24

LAGOS CAMP EXPERIENCE -WEEK 1

Lewa came to say hello to us. When she saw that we had just started eating. She bought her food and joined us.

Where do you always disappear to?” I asked Lewa.

How do you mean?” She asked back.

You just leave us for a short time and come back after a while without letting either Derin or I know your whereabouts. Where do you always go to?” I asked again.

Oh that.” She laughed. “I'm actually always going to see my god mother, she's among the camp officials.” She explained.

Really, you never told me you knew anyone on this camp.” I said, surprised.

Well, you did not ask.” She answered and laughed again. She seemed excited, I wanted to ask her what the excitement was about but I did not want to probe further so I would come across as being nosy.

Irene, how are you? You strike me as a quiet babe, are you quiet?” She teased. Irene just smiled and answered

well, quiet is relative, I just talk when I'm supposed to talk, that's all. I see you know your way around here very well...” Irene said.

The conversation between Lewa and Irene continued while I picked up my phone to call Shaye. I had not heard from him the first day. His phone rang off but he did not pick. This got to me but I shrugged it off again.

...yeah, that's how it should be” Lewa ended her statement. This time they were both laughing. I was uninterested in what they were saying so I did not bother to ask. As if she remembered something, she asked

e hen babes, there is this party that will be holding tomorrow, during camp fire night. My godmother asked me to come with my friends, are you game?”

What party is that?” I asked with keen interest, Irene was not interested.

It's being organised by one Damien the son of the immediate past commissioner for finance” Lewa answered.

Just as suspected, it was the same party Irene was invited to. I wasn't sure Irene wanted Lewa to know she knew about it, so I acted like I just heard about it too. Lewa seemed pretty much excited about it and she downloaded everything she knew about Damien and the party. She gave me enough information to wet my appetite hungry for adventure already. To me, the adventure was just about to start.

The conversation started to change my mind about Lewa. I was beginning to like her. She struck me as an adventurous person who would bring out the wild girl in me. She also reminded me of Sheila. I still haven't seen or heard from Sheila since the first day she brought me to the camp and I sincerely hoped to see her again.

After eating and talking for a long time, three of us left Maami Market to our room. Irene changed her mind about going with me to the party since I already had Lewa going with me. I did not mind, afterall Lewa seemed to be livelier than Irene and the party would not be boring with her.

That night when we got to the hostel, I called Annabel and Shaye called me. They both spoke with Irene and instructed he to keep a close watch over me. It sounded funny but I was less concerned. I had not spoken with my parents since after the first day so I made up my mind to call them in the morning. I set my alarm for the next day and slept. It was a restful night.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!