Forums » Couples

How can I make my wife cook more at home?

• August 10, 2015 7:58 AM CEST

How can I make my wife cook more at home? She doesn't like cooking and she would always say we should eat out. I have been cooperating in love but I am getting tired. How should I handle this?

• 3 posts
    August 10, 2015 11:29 AM CEST

I think there is a need to lovingly talk about it, find out why she doesn't want to cook, is it because she doesn't know how or because she just doesn't like to. Encourage her by staying and helping in the kitchen when you are available then you can enrol her in a cooking school to learn more or visit online recipes. May God help your home

• 1 posts
    August 11, 2015 1:13 AM CEST
    Educate her of the economic implication of her preferred lifestyle . Convince her that cooking at home is not only a means of bonding with ur spouse but also a cost effective way of managing finances in the home ....tell her you guys can use the money to plan a holiday at the end of the year rather than eat out ..
    This post was edited by Sarah Enegide at August 11, 2015 1:14 AM CEST
  • August 11, 2015 1:30 PM CEST

Is it that she cant cook? or is it that she spends most time outside the house?or probably a career person. Will suggest you creat time with her on a saturday morning, take her out to shop in market, buy food stuff and make her understand that you two will do all the cooking. Will be better if you do this with lovely heart so that she can fell belong n been loved n cared for

• August 11, 2015 3:08 PM CEST

Handle the situation in love. Let her know that a wife is a home maker, builder and the kitchen manager. Also, introduce her to the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31 who cares for her family with everything she has.  Tell how much you would appreciate her home-made food to be served in your house. Educate her and let her know the financial and moral implications of the likelyhood of pushing you into a strange woman's hands and also run pockets dry.  Find out if she doesn't know how to cook or she is just being lazy. Teach her personally if she is not good at preparing your own kind of food or let her go to catering school. You can also motivate her by rendering helping hands in the kitchen to enjoy cooking.