Forums » Couples

My husband does nothing at home

• August 13, 2015 8:05 AM CEST

My husband does nothing at home. He cannot even serve his food, and yet my love language is Acts of Service. What can I do as I am not happy?

• 3 posts
    August 13, 2015 9:42 AM CEST
    <p>Hmmm, communcation is a key ingredient in the home, ma I feel you need to enlighten your husband on what your love language is, buy him books and also encourage him to subscribe to KHC so he can learn how to love you the way you desire to be loved. May the Lord keep your home, pls be patient with him</p>
  • August 14, 2015 1:11 PM CEST

First you need to try to find out why he does nothing at home. Is he selfish? Is it a matter of upbringing? His he very busy with his job? Is it your attitude that puts him off from helping you? Do you appreciate his smallest effort at helping you? Do you nag around him? You need to find out all these by asking him questions maybe not directly. Then based on your findings you can re-strategise. But instead of fuming over this you can work at making yourself happy by getting someone to help out. Get a washing machine, vacuum cleaning etc. Get things that will ease your work, and let him be. Dont waste precious time complaining. You can make him know how you feel but dont make an issue out of it. We are not giving to change our spouses.