Forums » Singles' Discussion

He beats me constantly!

• August 6, 2015 11:13 PM CEST

My fiance beats me constantly when he gets angry. He keeps apologising and I keep forgiving him. But right now, I am scared to continue with the relationship. What do you advise?

• August 7, 2015 9:48 AM CEST
    He's dating you and he's already become a world boxing championship because of you? I believe you need to give your life to Christ all over again, cos it seems you don't really know what it means to be born again. You take for granted the blood that was shed to set you free, infact I dare say you bring to disgrace the price Christ paid. John 10:10 says the devil comes to kill, to steal and to destroy. But Christ came that we may have life and have it more abundantly. Are you enjoying the abundant life Jesus came to give you? From what you narrated above, the answer is NO. I dare say, you are in partnership with the devil to steal your peace, kill your joy and destroy your life. If you're not having Jericho trap with him, living off his money, or living with him and still find it difficult to break off this relationship. Then you need to inform your parents, pastor, siblings and everyone that knows you both together. They would give you the strength you need to make a complete break. Also pray that God should break every illegal soul tie and remove his love from your heart. Please don't mortgage your future and joy. Shalom
  • August 7, 2015 9:52 AM CEST
    That is not love as far as I know...being in a relationship that would someday culminate into a lifetime affair should be devoid of such. I would encourage you to break off from such in prayers and trust God for the right man..don't be in a hurry to get married so you don't get 'cut off' from life.
    • 16 posts
    August 7, 2015 10:40 AM CEST
    Abimbola has said it all,but just to add little,,
    My sis,marriage is to be enjoy not endure. Run for ur life. Mind u, he apologise purposely Bcos u guys are stil in courtship, after marriage don't expect apology cos He won't since He knows dat are going no where. Pls delete his number right away nd go back to God 4 forgiveness, God wil surely settle u
    • 6 posts
    August 11, 2015 2:57 PM CEST
    My dr, dr is no tym 4 long story. Ur to b treated as a queen and nothing less dan dat. If he dose not knw your worth den let him go cus he is not only beating u but also killing ur self esstime. Let go and allow God to select d next 1 4 u.