Forums » Couples

Can I divorce him?

• October 5, 2015 8:07 AM CEST

If I confirm that my husband is into adultery, can I divorce him?

• October 5, 2015 4:14 PM CEST

Well, the first thing is not to prepare to catch him and confirm that he is into adultery. I know its not easy but please, rather be ready to be merciful to his weakness. Plan and begin to make up your mind to forgive him if he chooses to admit and he is willing the confront his weakness. Be willing to be an extension of Gods mercy to your husband. Be ready to seek godly counsel and appropriate help to restore your marriage. God strenghten you to do his will IJN.

• October 5, 2015 5:14 PM CEST
    I was married for almost two years with series of problems, including miscarriages. I started serious prayer only to hear from God that the marriage was not recognized by Him(God). Confusion set in and my pastor had to join me in prayer. He also received from God confirming what I saw, that the man never loved me, but I was the one who loved him. It was painful anyways, but I have a lot of reasons to thank God. Now I have to divorce him.
    NOTE: he was also a big time adulterer.
    Divorce is not a good thing, but sometimes we find ourselves at that point.
    This post was edited by Kofoworola Iyawe at October 5, 2015 5:17 PM CEST
    • 73 posts
    May 1, 2016 7:11 PM CEST
    Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us - Matthew 6:12. That is found in our Lord's prayer and is meant for you also. Your forgiveness rather than divorce will change him for good for you to the glory of God. Let your soul Be still sweet sister, the Lord is your strength. Say like the Hebrew boys, Even if l catch him, be it known unto you Satan, I'll not divorce him because he is my loving husband. SHALOM!