Forums » Couples

How can I submit to a broke man!

• 24 posts
    January 22, 2016 10:06 PM CET
    I find it difficult to submit to my husband. I feel he is lacking in his financial responsibility towards his family. I feed and clothe him and he still want to be the boss. I know the Bible talk about submission but do you think it applies to our situation?
    • 32 posts
    January 23, 2016 10:44 AM CET
    It written in the Bible that a wife should submit to her husband and that is what you should do. Ask God to change your husband and pray for a breakthrough in his life. Many couples were poor when they got married but are now rich. They didn't give up on each other. Some might have actually prayed for a financial breakthrough.
    This post was edited by Phyllis Bart at January 23, 2016 10:49 AM CET
    • 1 posts
    January 23, 2016 10:47 AM CET
    Few questions: is your husband doing anything to take control of the financial situation or just staying home and bossing you around???
    As a woman i would advice you keep doing your best for your home remember a wise woman build her home and keep praying for your husband to get back on the job, dont tear your home down because his out of cash at the moment. Your faithfull, love and submission will be tested at this moment. May God open financial doors for your husband In Jesus Name. All good and perfect gifts comes from God...may God bless your husband with the perfect job In Jesus Name.
    • 26 posts
    January 26, 2016 4:13 PM CET

We dont know full details of why he is financially incapacitated but nonetheless and either way You need to try to prayerfully re-focus and re-align with God's word about the place of your husband as head.

No sane man is happy to seat at home to be fed rather than been a bread winner.

Encourage him and both of you should stand together in prayers with fasting for a change. A new job or a new business as God would have it.

Cheer him up when he is down, let him know he is loved and revered and I am sure Standing with God - this too shall pass away.

• 26 posts
    January 26, 2016 4:13 PM CET

We dont know full details of why he is financially incapacitated but nonetheless and either way You need to try to prayerfully re-focus and re-align with God's word about the place of your husband as head.

No sane man is happy to seat at home to be fed rather than been a bread winner.

Encourage him and both of you should stand together in prayers with fasting for a change. A new job or a new business as God would have it.

Cheer him up when he is down, let him know he is loved and revered and I am sure Standing with God - this too shall pass away.

• 1 posts
    March 28, 2016 10:39 AM CEST
    ma no man we be happy nt to discharge his duties as a man..pls help him to ovacum this challenges.i can assure u dat u wil reap it later.i undastand ur husband situation cos am pass tru d same tin presently.he needs u most now.God bless ur home