Forums » Sermon Notes - SGC Services

Sermon Notes - Wednesday, 23rd March 2016

• April 6, 2016 10:48 PM CEST

WEDNESDAY 23/03/2016
    PREACHER: REVREND DUNAMIS
    CHURCH: SHOUTS OF GRACE CENTER, IBADAN
    TOPIC: THE WAY TO THE CROSS
    TEXT: MATTHEW 10:38-39(AMP)
    "And he who doesn't take up his cross and follow me(cleave steadfastly to him ,conforming wholly to his example in living and if need  be in dying also) is not worthy of me.Whosoever finds his(lower) life will lose it (higher life) and whoseover loses his(lower)life in my account will find it(the higher life)".

The cross is what we have to take but still we have our choices to take it or not.Taking it helps to become worthy of God and the promises embedded in the word.Jesus wants us to go all the way with him.

How do you take up your cross? Taking up your cross is a daily affair (Luke 9:23) and also about the things you mind (spiritual or carnal) (Romans 8:5).

What does it mean to be carnally minded? Making decisions or reasoning without the holy spirit (Romans 8:6).

Why did God say we shouldn't be carnally minded? It is because a carnal mind is enmity against God,cannot subject to God and can never please him (Romans 8:7-8),living after the flesh also causes death(Romans 8:14).

FURTHER READING: Romans 8:31-39.

PONDER: There is a higher life,don't live like its all going to end here(the lower life).Take up your own cross.
    If you follow the way of the cross,you can not lose!!!

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at April 7, 2016 6:48 AM CEST
  • April 8, 2016 6:45 AM CEST
    Thank you dad for that great piece. God bless you sir.