Forums » Couples

My plan is to leave my husband this month

• July 18, 2015 8:15 AM CEST

My plan is to leave my husband this month with our two children because of physical abuse. Am I doing the right thing?

• July 18, 2015 11:06 AM CEST
    Yes you are doing the right thing, and the godly thing. Jesus said He came to give us life and in abundance, while the devil steals, kills and destroy. An abuser will steal your joy, kill your dreams and may eventually destroy your life. It's also not ideal allowing your children to grow up where their mother is being beaten. It's sowing a bad seed in their lives and I'm sure you don't want anyone of them growing up to think abuse is alright. After you have left, if your husband is still serious about the marriage let him go and seek help. He should go for counselling, find out why he feels the need to beat up a woman and then take steps towards changing. Not until he has been certified by a trained psychologist or counsellor that he's fit to leave with you should you go back. If you allow people to talk you back in to the home while he has not gone through those processes, then be ready for more violent beatings, cos he will feel you have threatened and want to demand submission by more abuse. I love you sis but Christ loves you more, that is why he took all your beatings and paid the price. Don't undervalue yourself.
  • July 21, 2015 9:15 AM CEST
    During our wedding counseling sessions, our pastor told me, 'come what may, don't ever pack out of your home'. He also said 'if the going gets though, talk to your pastor, confide in him, let him guide you on what is safe and biblically correct. Don't die in silence, confide in your pastor or a respected believer who is not related to either you or your husband. Let them intervene first and if they advise you to pack out, follow their advice. Make sure they are genuine Christians and the advice is biblical please'. This is what I will do if I have to take your kind of decision.
  • March 8, 2016 3:29 AM CET

hmm... @Adetola... you mean  'come what may, don't ever pack out of your home'. ?? Whoa!

Even if the husband is beating with the rod they usually use for Amala ? lolz 

She will just die, and the husband will send flowers. (just like an article I read sometimes ago; saying... He always beat you and then send flowers (to ask for forgiveness), and he won't still stop the beatings; if you stay there, he will soon send flowers to your grave).

I agree with @Abimbola anyway.

But seek counsel. I s ay again seek counsel. Proverbs said; by multiple of counsel, there is safety. (So, save your life, seek counsel, don't die pls, be the mother of your children, because if you do, the children you want to say you're staying because of them will now be motherless. THAT WILL NOT BE YOUR PORTION IN JESUS NAME!).

My saying: A husband that beats you, can kill you.

• March 14, 2016 2:11 PM CET
    God hates DIVORCE
    • 212 posts
    April 13, 2016 6:06 PM CEST

really, God hate divorce but does not hate physical abuse..like seriously. Abimbola,i would have given exactly the same counsel you gave