Forums » Couples

Should I let her know I am pregnant?

• July 21, 2015 8:02 AM CEST

My mother in law told me that I should let her know as soon as I get pregnant. As much as I like her, I don't feel comfortable with this. What do you think?

• July 21, 2015 8:58 AM CEST
    I will advise you tell your husband first. I believe he knows his mother better and he equally wants you and the developing baby in good condition. Decide together on what to do.
    This post was edited by Adetola Aigbogun at July 21, 2015 8:59 AM CEST
    • 12 posts
    July 23, 2015 1:16 PM CEST

Wisdom is profitable to direct, my advise is that you discuss it with your counsellor or perhaps talk to your pastor first let them join you in prayer and also be sensitive - especially if there has been negative occurrences in that direction in the family, you have to be extra careful. Pray very well let your husband join you and with God on your side nothing shall happen to the baby in your womb in Jesus Name.

• July 25, 2015 3:43 PM CEST
    As many as are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God; follow the Holyspirit.
    • 1 posts
    July 28, 2015 11:19 AM CEST

Its a sensitive issue. Discuss first with your husband. She may have good intentions and I believe your husband knows her mother quiet well.

• 73 posts
    April 29, 2016 12:01 PM CEST
    There's this song that says:
    What a friend we have in Jesus,
    All our sins and griefs to bear!
    What a privilege to carry
    Everything to God in prayer!
    O what peace we often forfeit,
    O what needless pain we bear,
    All because we do not carry
    Everything to God in prayer.

You see. Go to God in prayer first, tell your pastor to join faith with you then inform your husband. The Holy Spirit will direct you both on what to do. Just be prayerful and wise too. We shall be praying for you too. Relax, God is incharge.