Forums » Couples

Thoughts of adultery occur frequently

• August 11, 2015 7:47 AM CEST

Thoughts of adultery occur frequently in my mind. Is this okay? What should I do?

• August 11, 2015 9:15 AM CEST
    No, it is not. Adultery, fornication or lust is clearly not the will of God for any of God's children. The devil is messing with you but you have authority over him in the name of Jesus. Next time it happens just say to that evil spirit out and loud: "devil, I resist you in the mighty name of Jesus!" "Leave me alone and go away from me in Jesus name!" Stand your ground and he will leave.
    This post was edited by Oladimeji Famuyiwa at August 11, 2015 9:16 AM CEST
  • August 11, 2015 9:26 AM CEST
    Another thing, counteract those thoughts with the Word of God. "My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost" is good one. Another very good one is this: The body is not meant for fornication but for the LORD and the LORD for the body. Meditate on these and speak them to any lustful spirit that tries to mess with you.
    This post was edited by Oladimeji Famuyiwa at August 11, 2015 9:31 AM CEST
  • August 11, 2015 9:45 AM CEST
    You have to pull down every thought that stands contrary to that of Christ. And you use the weapon of the word. That is why the bible called it the sword of the spirit. Proverbs 6:20-35 is a good place to read. Please read it in many versions of the bible. The Message version in vs 32 says adultery is a brainless act, vs 28 says you cannot put hot coals on your laps and not get burnt. Malachi 2:11-17, here God outlines all the calamity that will befall you when you break covenant with the wife of your youth. Dear husband, take charge over those evil thoughts and confess them day and night, else you commit the act. As a man thinks in his heart so is he. Christ has given us the victory, so you're an overcomer. You're fighting the devil from a standpoint of victory. The battle has been won, but you need to play your part. On the other hand, do all you can to improve your sex life and pray for your wife. God keep you in Jesus mighty name, Amen. Shalom
  • K T
    • 19 posts
    August 18, 2015 11:15 AM CEST

To add to the above replies, I will say you should also watch and be mindful of the things you see or look at because it might be as a result of this. This can come from the way some ladies dress either in the office or outside your home. If that's the case, always ask your wife to dress for you at home.