Forums » Singles' Discussion

Is it wrong to tell a guy you love him

• December 30, 2015 8:22 PM CET

He has always been a good friend. Always there anytime I need him and I really just love his person. Please can I express my feelings to him ?
  • January 10, 2016 7:33 PM CET
    I don't think it is a lady's place to tell a man she loves him or try to initiate a relationship even though some might argue that we are now in the 21st century. You should not say it outrightly what I think you should do is have a heart-to-heart with him anytime you are together and ask him what he feels about you/define your relationship. You can just ask him 'what are we doing? Are we just friends or what?' just so both parties are clear.I once listened to a minister tell a story of a lady who had a very good friendship with a man and was already assuming that she was in a relationship with him until the minister asked her to tell him to define their relationship. This was what he said: "Titi, aburo lo je si mi! Mi o le fe e. Mo ti ni eni ti mo fe fe! Meaning "Titi, you are like a younger sister to me! I can't marry you. I already have my own fiancee!" Dear, just tell him to define the relationship so that you can move on quickly if the feeling is not mutual. Stay blessed. May God give you the wisdom you need.
    This post was edited by Temitope Oludare at January 10, 2016 7:39 PM CET
    • 212 posts
    January 18, 2016 12:28 PM CET

Thanks Temitope,I have listened to the message too. Well said