Forums » Singles' Discussion

I'm in love with my best friend

• January 17, 2016 8:19 PM CET
    We've been friends since kindergarten and I love her so much, we share everything together and we are so close even to our families but I don't know how to tell her about my feelings for her . I'm scared of rejection and I still want our friendship.
  • January 18, 2016 8:28 AM CET
    You shouldn't be scared of letting her know about your feelings towards her, cause it is better you tell her, who knows; she might have the same feelings towards you
    • 3 posts
    January 18, 2016 10:52 AM CET

I believe that the best person that can help you here is the Holy Spirit of God in you. If you are a child of God and you have an intimate relationship with Him with constant communication, it would be pretty easy for you to take it to God to ask for His permission and will. Ask God if she's the right one for you. Don't just go and ask her blindly just because you have feelings. Feelings don't last! Even if it lasts, marrying God's will would always be the best option for you. And if God says she's the one amd ask God if its time for you to SPEAK! As Pastor Dunamis always say 'There is a burden for PREPARATION and There is a burden for ACTION'. If she is truly your wife to be as you may have heard from God, the only reason that she might reject you is when you ask her out or tell her about your feelings at the WRONG TIME. So having an understanding of the times and seasons through the Holy Spirit of God in you is very crucial. But the moment God gives you the go-ahead, be rest assured that all would be well and she would recieve her confirmation too. Have a favoured week

• 212 posts
    January 18, 2016 11:35 AM CET

I understand how you feel. Pls,Man up and let her know how you feel. Find out first if she is seeing anyone . If she is not,start by saying I love you at the end of a phone conversation,she will be surprised as expected. Then start chatting with her as one you love and not just a friend. You may be shocked she has been waiting for you to say something. We ladies love our friend but we just do not know how to allow our friend become our lover,the transition is quite scary but its worth it. If you move your discussions from friend zone type to lover type we would notice the changes, and we will fall for it as time goes on. Pls do not keep quite,let her know. It is better to be rejected than for her to end up with a man that may not share this deep level of frienship you two have built.

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at January 18, 2016 11:42 AM CET